How many pounds are lost with plastic surgery

Options
Agate69
Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
Any one have any information on pounds lost after Tummy tuck, full body lift, arm contouring, thigh lift, Consult with surgeon in July and wonder if worth it? Suggestions or questions to ask?

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Generally, skin does not weigh very much. 5-15 pounds seems to be the norm for a lower body lift. People do not have plastic surgery to lose weight, they have it to lose the loose skin. I had 2 square feet of skin removed with my lower body lift and it weighed 5 pounds. I did not go down a single size. Still worth it to me. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This has befuddled me or a LONG time....Why is it called "plastic" surgery? Isn"t it more reduction or reconouring surgery. Or is it that you have that "numb,plastic" feeling at the incision site?
  • Agate69
    Options
    I think the term plastic surgeon came from the long ago when the field was new. Hollywood wanted to look forever young.
  • Agate69
    Options
    Plastic Surgery on Schedule for next month. Guess I will see how many pounds, this loose skin does weigh......
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck and let us know!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    When I met with plastic surgeon a couple months ago I asked him how many pounds of loose skin do I have. He said only about 5 or 7 pounds. I went from 270 to 124 from 2/1/12 to May 2013. I am now at 132 and maintaining at that weight the last two months or so. Most of my loose skin on my upper arms and then my tummy area. Loose skin also on my upper thighs. When I do my planks in my bra and undies I can really see where the loose skin is on the tummy and upper thighs cause it just hangs there as I plank! UGH! Would love to have the plastic surgery but right now it is just too expensive and I am worried about complications and drains too!
    Good luck!
  • Agate69
    Options
    Monday is final pre surgery meeting with surgeon. All my 3 year post surgery labs drawn to make sure all is in order. Now my goal will be to consume a minimum of 120 gm protein each day and lift heavy to make sure I have enough muscle to post body sculpting. Not sure why,but half of surgery is covered by ins??? Yippee Yes I have some fear and trepidation, but no pain,no gain
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best, and congrats on your long term loss and maintenance.