If you could witness one event...

Options
TheKitsune6
TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
... in all of history, which would it be?

Just witness, you can't change anything. You have no control over the situation.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Ooh good question. I have to give this some deep thought!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I was in Berlin about a year before the wall came down. I was fortunate enough to spend a day in what was then East Berlin. It was a stressful feeling like I was being watched by everyone all the time and made me extremely nervous and very paranoid. I had to exchange 25 West German Marks for 25 East German Marks (about US $14) before entering. The product quality was so poor it was difficult to spend $14. The "fine" Steakhouse that was recommended served brown water. The rivert hat overlooked the steakhouse was disgusting and had a military-style gunboat docked within view. If I could witness any event I would say I wish I was in Berlin the day the Wall came down.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Death & Resurrection of Jesus.

I'd come back and tell people what I saw with my own eyes.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    ^ My event would be along the same lines as FFF.

Being completely honest, I am not so sure about religion. I don't quite understand it. I want to believe but I just can't, as there's not really solid proof. I would like to go back far, far, far in history and witness some event that proves that God is real (and that he still exists, ie: is there really someone we pray to? does someone truly "overlook " us?").

I could get very deep into it but that is the short answer.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The end of humans , would be quite interesting to see.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I would want to witness the extinction of dinosaurs.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Death & Resurrection of Jesus.

I'd come back and tell people what I saw with my own eyes.

Bring a good book. You'll be waiting a long time.

I recommend The Jesus Puzzle, by Earl Doherty.

--P
  • Prahasaurus
    Options

That was more a process than an event. Even if the asteroid theory is true, their death didn't happen overnight. And besides, dinosaurs are still with us today: birds are direct descendants. The chicken is apparently a close relative to T-rex.

--P
  • Prahasaurus
    Options

Just witness, you can't change anything. You have no control over the situation.

Great question, by the way...

I'd probably see opening night of Hamlet. Or, if I could understand ancient Greek, Socrates speech at his trial before his death. Perhaps the sacking of Troy.

--P
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    The very first performance by the Beatles or Elvis-would love to see what cultivated such hero worship!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The very first performance by the Beatles or Elvis-would love to see what cultivated such hero worship!!

Oooo Good one. I would have loved to have seen Bob Marley :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Great question, by the way...

I'd probably see opening night of Hamlet. Or, if I could understand ancient Greek, Socrates speech at his trial before his death. Perhaps the sacking of Troy.

--P

How about a beheading? They always cut that bit out in the movie!! lol :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    First thing that came to mind with the 4th of July coming up, The Boston Tea Party.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

That was more a process than an event. Even if the asteroid theory is true, their death didn't happen overnight. And besides, dinosaurs are still with us today: birds are direct descendants. The chicken is apparently a close relative to T-rex.

--P

yes I am aware of these things ????

I would clarify but I wanted to change my event anyway. I would want to see the last living thylacine. At the safari park they have rwo of the last known living northern white rhinos. Seeing them always fills me with sadness and awe.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    If we can change our answer then I want to go with a Jack the Ripper slaying. Let's face it, dead hookers are funny.
  • fullofwhimsy
    fullofwhimsy Posts: 218
    Options
    The birth of Kim Kardashian's baby, obviously.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    i would like to be on the sets of Basic Instinct:wink:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    The signing of the Declaration of Independence.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The real Arthur .... Yeah King Arthur of legend.... I've been reading every story on Camelot since I was a child... I wanna know what historical person inspired a myth that has lasted centuries
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Any of Genghis Khans raids