INTRODUCTIONS **** EVERYONE PLEASE*****

Options

Replies

• Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel & Everyone, im Daryl from south Wales, UK, i am seriously over weight and have been for many many years and loads of times attempts to lose the weight and failed, love this, nice way to add a bit extra excersise in to what im already doing.

Thanks and anyone feel free to add me.
  • _thirtytwo
    _thirtytwo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm a doctoral student in my mid-20s, joined MFP to lose weight and find healthier ways to handle stress and anxiety. Really looking forward to the squat challenge this month - looks fun!!
  • wylnora
    wylnora Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Samantha and I'm 20 years old. I wish to lose about 25 pounds. I started a squat challenge in May but I didn't finish it. I am determined to complete it this time around!
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm a 49 year old computer programmer currently living in east Tennessee. I need to lose about 50 more lbs but have done pretty eell so far. I live with my husband, our youngest son and 3 large dogs.
  • booknerd77
    booknerd77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Daena, stay at home mother to 3 girls. A bit intimidated by the squat challenge, but ready to give it my all!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kim. I'm a 41 year old, right now SAHM. I'm married to my other half for the last 6 yrs (together 13). And I'm the mom of 3, 18, 15 and 4 yrs old. I have struggled with my weight my entire life (losing for about 1/2 of it lol). Back in October I quit my job to finish school (for Medical Assistant). I realized after that that maybe I should have studied up on that job more. It's so over saturated with students that it's almost impossible to get a job. So here I sit, with no job. I have never not worked and it's weird. I don't like it because I like to be bringing in the money, but I love it because for once I get to be home with my little one and watch her grow and change every day. I go back to school the end of next month. I'm in between on what I'm going to be going to school for...just because after doing the research I should have done the first time, I realized that what I was going to be going back for was ALSO over saturated and hard to find a job in. So in the next week I have to decide what I can take that I will like and that will be offered at the local college LOL. I am trying to find some sort of income that I can do at home or that won't take up an inordinate amount of time so that I'll be able to bring in a little money and also go to school and be with the little.

I lost almost 50 lbs on here about a year or so ago, then real life (finances, job, etc) stuck their ugly head in and I gained 20lbs of it back. Now I'm back and wanting to finish the job of becoming the me I know I am and can be so that I can be here for my kids and myself.

Wow that was really long winded. Sorry about that! Skip over the boring parts :)
  • lovelycatbones
    lovelycatbones Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Marina. I'm 19 years old, and I'd like to lose some weight using this challenge and some more exercises. I hope this work! :3 I've never done something like this so.. Let's see how it is!
  • ktay9
    ktay9 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi all!

25 years old. Looking to lose around 70 lbs. Hips, butt, and thighs have alwwwwways been my major problem areas. So this will be great! Thanks for getting it started!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenny. I'm 35. I work nights. I have 6 children. While I've manages to lose the weight, I am still struggling with the "Kangaroo pouch" that came with it.
  • Budding_Flower
    Budding_Flower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Heather and I am 20 years old. I am a college student, I work part time, and I have been trying to lose weight since January. So far I have lost about 30lbs. I definitely need this squat challenge for my booty and thighs. :laugh:
  • mskmichelle
    mskmichelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristina, am 36 years old and would like to lose 60 lbs. I'm looking forward to this challenge since my mind thinks I can't do it, but my body says I got this! :tongue:
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My Name is Lorrain I am 52 years young single mother of two teens I am also a crafter with my own licensed business. Unemployed for nearly seven months now. I have 158 pounds I want to lose. I know how to do a proper squat. The hard part is physically doing one . I am going to do my darndest to complete this challenge even if it aint pretty or kills me!!! NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAIINED!:happy:
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    27 years old here! Trying to build leg strength for running, also not wanting to lose my booty during my weight loss. ;)
  • BethVader
    BethVader Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Beth. I am 24 and a single mom to two awesome little boys. I was doing pretty good for awhile. Working out and eating good.....then winter came and I lost motivation lol. I am back at it now though and I am feeling pretty determined!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Hi! Im Gabby, Im a mom and I own an art distribution company. I came here because I had lost myself. My outsides did not rflect who I was on the inside anymore. Im half way to my goal and now its time to shape up. Its not about a number on the scale so much as am I Strong, healthy and fit? These are my goals today. Glad to be here, the first thing I lost was my *kitten*, so im here to gain it back LOL :D
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a day late but hopefully I can still play. I"m Rochelle, 25, and I'm interested in earning myself a fantastic booty. I'm a military wife and former military myself and over the past 3 years I've allowed about 30-40 pounds to creep up on me. I want to get back to my Navy weight, look great in pretty clothing, and feel great about myself. :D
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Late to this thread! Sorry!
    I'm Caroline, 25 years old from Syracuse NY
    I'm a Licensed Practical Nurse on a physical rehab unit in a nursing home - families LOVE to bring us in donuts, cookies, candy.. all sorts of fun stuff!
    Highest weight 372
    Current weight around 315 (no consistent scale at the moment)
    Lowest weight - 269
    Got to 269 with help of MFP.. gained back about 50# between full time nursing school while working in foodservice then starting to work 50+ hours a week and moving in with my best-friend-turned-boyfriend and getting far too comfortable (excuses, excuses). Back at it with full force now :)
    My goal weight is 180 for right now, last time I was 180 I wore a size 10.. that was also when i was 13. This challenge is an added structure to my day.. a way to start getting moving and showing myself that i truly CAN stick to my goals and achieve them. I'd like to be less than 250 for my 26th birthday in February :)

Any and all feel free to add me!
  • QueenMJD
    QueenMJD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marty, i'm 29 and from Michigan! I've been a part-time Pre-Kindergarten teacher for the last 4 years and starting this next school year will be a full time Kindergarten teacher! I've been married to my best friend for 6 years, we have no kids just pets! :)
  • sgrant918
    sgrant918 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm 41. I have a wonderful husband and 3 great kids (19, 16, 11). 2-1/2 years ago I tore my rotator cuff and had the surgery which took nearly a full year to recover from and I have spent the time since then not working out and have gained nearly 20 lbs. I started a paleo diet in June of 2012 and felt so much better but I did not see weight loss like so many others. I modified my diet to be paleo/ketogenic in May of this year and so far, I've lost almost 11 lbs. 3 weeks ago, I joined a crossfit style gym and go 3-4 times a week. I absolutely love it! This challenge is just a little motivation for me to keep moving even on my non-gym days. My clothes are getting looser (yea!) and I am getting stronger.
  • fionachooseshappy
    fionachooseshappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Fiona and I am nearly 20 (:
    I only joined this group late but only 3 days so it should be fine I hope!
    I am half irish have german and I live in Germany atm. I am quite a jolly person and very optimistic, I want to lose abound 85 more lbs to fit my outside to my inside and also I dont want to always be the big one, I am only so young and I can still change it now (: