New month, new week of challenges

Options
WOW is it really July already? OMG, it sure is, at least that is what the calendar tells me for tomorrow. You all did an awesome job last week on what I doled out!! I am impressed and very pleased. Good going you all.

Ok this week ,what shall we do?

Monday....grab 2 canned foods, same weight. Now as you walk in place, bring your arms up above your head, then back down. Keep doing it, being very careful not to drop the cans on your head! Do for 2 minutes.

Tuesday............oh, yes time for the HOKEY POKEY again, Yep, put your right arm in, put your right arm out, put your right arm in and shake it all about, do the hokey pokey and turn yourselves around, that's what it's all about! You know the rest.

Wednesday.........butt kicks. just kick yourself in the butt. EASY, right? NOPE, not for me. If you can, it is a slight jog in place while you bring your feet up behind you. I can't jog, in place or outside, so I just do the easy part of kicking behind myself.

Thursday............cross arm stretch.........bring your right arm across your chest, put your left arm in front of it, elbow to elbow, then pull gently toward your body to get a good stretch, repeat with other arm.

Friday..............heel slides. Lay on your back, knees bent, lower one leg, then slide your heel as you bring your leg back to bending. Do 5 each side.

Saturday.......bridges. lay on your back with knees bent. Then push your butt up off the floor as far as you can while keeping knees bent and back on the floor.

Sunday................chest stretch.............bring your arms straight out in front, hands together, then reach out and squeeze your chest hold for a count of 10.

Have a great week everyone and remember, if you can't do any of these, modify them to suit you. The laying down ones can be done on the bed.
Drink water after each exercise also!

Replies

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can do this! Thanks for posting the challenge .
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    All I can do is try. I kind of fell down on the job yesterday and today, but I'll try to keep up this week. Thanks!
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks - these are very doable and look like fun. 2 min with the cans - done!
  • gramanana
    Options
    OK, I did them and while I was at it and had the 3 lb dumb bells in my hand, I went ahead and did a couple of minutes of my pt routine. It keeps the tendonitis at bay! LOL Thanks, californiagirl.:bigsmile:
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I haven't been very faithful over the last few weeks in adding these to my daily routine. This week I am determined and they are all on my must do list!

Monday: Done!
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did the cans AND didn't attract any random can snipers.
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    zb03.jpg
  • gramanana
    Options
    Joe--MFP really does need a "LIKE" button.

I didn't get a chance to do the hokey pokey yesterday, but will work it in today. I did kick my butt this morning as well as my hubby's. :bigsmile: We also took a short bike ride just as it was starting to drizzle.
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Joe--MFP really does need a "LIKE" button.

I agree.
    ...and I will do these great little challenges!! Thanks for the encouragement!!:happy:
  • gramanana
    Options
    Cross arm stretch and heel slides done.
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    Kind of an extended holiday ;>) Let's see, Butt Kicks kicked my butt. not very flexible in that direction. I do the cross arm stretch all the time, it helps with the tension/tightness bassists get in between the shoulder blades. Heel slides done.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Bridges done and chest stretch done! I used to hate the bridges, but I can do them now--yay me!
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    Bridges and chest stretch done. I do a variation of the chest a couple of times a day to help fight guitarist hump (shoulders rounded forward, sort of slumped over my bass) and upper back pain.