Dear JaneBShaw

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I injured myself taking off my sports bra... so therefore the logic is I should not wear bras! FREEDOM TO THE GIRLS!!! (o)(o)
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    You can see the newest members to any group so she knows who to target. Why aren't you guys reporting her? They can do an IP ban
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I injured myself taking off my sports bra... so therefore the logic is I should not wear bras! FREEDOM TO THE GIRLS!!! (o)(o)
    In the words of William Wallace... Freeeeeeeedooooooooom! I'd post a picture of Mel Gibson's portrayal, but after all of the exhaustive crossfit workouts, I'm too tired/lazy/injured to learn. Wah wah...
    I also got a delightful PM from our friend. That's quite lovely of her to be so obviously concerned for my safety and well-being. Bless her ever-loving, unceasing, tone-deaf heart.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I like the inevitable results of this story better than my own.

I have injured myself picking a pencil up from the ground...

...and wiping my own *kitten*.

:indifferent:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I somehow tweaked my neck pretty bad - ie a week off of work and a doctors visit (although it was a really nice week in the summer so it wasn't all bad) - by rolling over in bed.

(I can't topthe wiping *kitten* one. I don't want to know)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I somehow tweaked my neck pretty bad - ie a week off of work and a doctors visit (although it was a really nice week in the summer so it wasn't all bad) - by rolling over in bed.

(I can't top the wiping *kitten* one. I don't want to know)

Too bad. I'm going to tell you anyhow.

The twisting motion apparently strained my lower back...and significantly too. Missed a couple of days of work and was in pain for several weeks. (I would say that I was unable to workout for several weeks too, but this was during a time when I wasn't working out at all. Hmm, perhaps there's a correlation...)
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I got my private message within about an hour of joining the group...

and promptly forwarded it to Olivia, asking her to deal with this situation. Let's see what she can do, if anything.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

and promptly forwarded it to Olivia, asking her to deal with this situation. Let's see what she can do, if anything.

That's so... stalkerish. She's creepy.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Probably makes sense if everyone else who received a PM from her also forwarded to Olivia also. One PM isn't a big deal, but dozens of them based solely on being a member of a group is (or at least should be).
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd already contacted Olivia about it and just forwarded my most recent pm from Janebshaw. Out of fairness I thought I'd try to give her a chance to explain. Best I can tell she was run over by a Crossfitter in a previous life and has made it her mission in this current life to wipe out the sport completely. ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Previously you wrote:
    I still don't understand your purpose of the pm. I'm not trying to be rude, but do you just send blanket pm's to everyone who joins the group? What if I've done extensive research on Crossfit, or have done it for years, or teach it? I'm just not sure if you're trying to be helpful or what. I've never gotten a pm like yours before, so I'm a little confused.

Yes, as I have time. I send it to people that join the Crossfit group. There are things about Crossfit the box owners don't want members or potential members to know, but I think they deserve to know. I do not do Crossfit, I have never been involved with the program, but am tired of seeing people join Crossfit to improve their fitness and come away injured from trying to do their extreme workouts.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This is ironic because Jane constantly reports me to the mods and claims I'm stalking her posts
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'd already contacted Olivia about it and just forwarded my most recent pm from Janebshaw. Out of fairness I thought I'd try to give her a chance to explain. Best I can tell she was run over by a Crossfitter in a previous life and has made it her mission in this current life to wipe out the sport completely. ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Previously you wrote:
    I still don't understand your purpose of the pm. I'm not trying to be rude, but do you just send blanket pm's to everyone who joins the group? What if I've done extensive research on Crossfit, or have done it for years, or teach it? I'm just not sure if you're trying to be helpful or what. I've never gotten a pm like yours before, so I'm a little confused.

Yes, as I have time. I send it to people that join the Crossfit group. There are things about Crossfit the box owners don't want members or potential members to know, but I think they deserve to know. I do not do Crossfit, I have never been involved with the program, but am tired of seeing people join Crossfit to improve their fitness and come away injured from trying to do their extreme workouts.

I've never done CF, never been involved, and don't know anyone that has done it..... But i want to protect you from injuries I've never seen happen to anyone.

Seems legit
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep. And here I was thinking she just had some weird conspiracy theory thing going on... ;)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Previously you wrote:

I've never done CF, never been involved, and don't know anyone that has done it..... But i want to protect you from injuries I've never seen happen to anyone.

Seems legit

When I responded to her PM, I asked her if she actually KNEW people who were injured or just read about them on the internet. No response.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Previously you wrote:

Seems legit

When I responded to her PM, I asked her if she actually KNEW people who were injured or just read about them on the internet. No response.

I don't know if you ever ran into her on the boards but that is pretty much her MO. She ignores the legit arguments and picks the odd bit to make senseless arguments against. She'll only answer those questions if she feels the answer helps make her case.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    It wasn't my first hand tear. It wasn't my first box jump fail. It wasn't my first Fran.

It was a message from JaneBShaw that made me feel like a true Crossfitter! :)
    Ha Ha - GOLD!
  • Splinter24
    Splinter24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well.... I am an official crossfitter. I just got my message from our resident mosquito.... And have sent it on to Olivia. :huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Well.... I am an official crossfitter. I just got my message from our resident mosquito.... And have sent it on to Olivia. :huh:

Congratulations on being legit.

Personally, I had a lengthy exchange with her by PM earlier today.

Or said another way,

1 day AMRAP:
    debunking bogus facts and ill-conceived conclusions based on faulty extrapolation of suspect anecdotal information

I believe my final score was 5 rounds...

...and it ended with the ball in her court.

The points I remember were her assertions that 1) I was guilty of child abuse for subjecting my 8 yo son to a WOD this morning, and 2) I should look into the YMCA instead of the crossfit box I'm attending now. This despite my pointing out that I had been a member of the Y for nearly 20 years and they did not offer what I wanted at this point in my pursuit of fitness (equipment and knowledgeable trainers).
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my warning message. Could it be that Jane just doesn't care about my well-being?

tumblr_mp92hsvDPi1s9mwkwo1_500.jpg
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my warning message. Could it be that Jane just doesn't care about my well-being?

tumblr_mp92hsvDPi1s9mwkwo1_500.jpg
    Ha! You will - just post a few well informed posts in Crossfit Love and she will soon track you down - then you will be ONE OF US!