4th of July - HELP!!

Options
I know that I tend to use holidays as an excuse to come off my food plan and I don't want to do that this time. I want to wake up Friday morning with no food hangover and completely guilt-free. Anyone care to share some ways that I can avoid the common pitfalls of holiday COE????

I would really appreciate your ESH! :smile:

Elle

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    To put it simply, eat according to your plan, and avoid the triggers, I know, easier said than done :ohwell:
    Are you somewhat in control of the menu? if so, then provide foods that fit within your plan. Commit yourself to 24hours, and there are marathon meetings to get involved in, so attend as many meetings as you can. if you cant attend a face-to-face meeting, then tune in to a phone meeting, they occur all day, back-to-back. I'm going on a camping trip with my hub, and the only foods we're bringing along are foods that are within my plan.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the same thing ... shaky abstinence and a party today. No problems tomorrow since I'm home. I'm tucking literature in my purse -- good excuse to run to the bathroom!
  • ellemusicrose
    Options
    Thank you so much! I plan to do one or more phone meetings. I love the idea of tucking some literature away in my purse! Well, I know that with God's help I can keep my abstinence through this holiday. <3
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Happy Independence Day!

Today I will commit to 24hrs of abstinence as I turn my day over to my higher power.
    image.jpg
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Happy Independence Day! Had a blessed walk with an OA friend and enjoyed the beautiful morning while it was cool. 24 hours is a do-able number!! Amen!!