What smalls steps have you taken so far.....?

Options
Moe0112
Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
The one thing I always hear everyone say is make small goals for you. Not to set the bar so high the goals are unreachable. So what goals have you set/met so far?

Replies

• tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been focusing on loosing weight in small chunks. I chose to go by % of starting weight. My first goal was to loose 5% of my starting weight (just hit it earlier in the week).

Now that I'm down 5% I'm working towards being out of the 300s.

Once I'm out of the 300s, the next goal is to get down 10% of my initial starting weight and down a pant size.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I started the beginning of last May. My first goal was to be down 35 pounds by my birthday, which is late September. I met that goal. My next was to be down 50 by Christmas, which I also hit. Unfortunately, I got off track the last 6 months and have been trying to get back on it and stay on it. So no new goals currently while I get myself back together again.
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The one thing I always hear everyone say is make small goals for you. Not to set the bar so high the goals are unreachable. So what goals have you set/met so far?
    I'm losing 5#. That's it - Just 5#. Of course this is the 7th 5# I have lost so far.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I walk to work more and drink more water
  • CGarner41412
    CGarner41412 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have small goals..starting at 380 my goal is to always get to the next number..so now I weigh 347 and I have come such a long way and it makes so much of a difference!!

I also have incentives along the way..putting money away for every lb lost so when I hit the big 50 I can treat myself to something and so on!
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have small goals..starting at 380 my goal is to always get to the next number..so now I weigh 347 and I have come such a long way and it makes so much of a difference!!

I also have incentives along the way..putting money away for every lb lost so when I hit the big 50 I can treat myself to something and so on!

I like the money idea. I might have to do that sometime too!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Since 31 December 2012 I set a goal of 1lb per week. I've had a few hiccups where I've put on but have regained control and just carried on and I'm still on target :smile:
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started.... So my first goal is already achieved - making my shorts from last summer fit again. (I wasn't far from that.) Now I am working toward getting below 300... Maybe still kinda lofty as I have about 20 pounds to go. I like the idea of losing 5 pounds at a time though....
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    i started at 332. My first goal is to be 299. Thats my aim for now.
  • bsquibbles
    bsquibbles Posts: 18
    Options
    i started at 332. My first goal is to be 299. Thats my aim for now.

Same here! Although I'm at 345 so it's quite a ways off...I'd be happy just to see 330 on the horizon right now.
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options
    I have bigger goals set in 50 pound increments. Under each 50 pound goal, I have numbers set every 5 pounds. I have a document on my computer that lists them. This helps me because, when it's all written down, it actually doesn't look like much. When I hit a five pound mark, I strike it so I can see my progress. It makes me feel good to see those weights with a strike through them! I also take my measurements and pictures periodically to keep motivated even if the scale isn't budging much.
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My small steps/goals are:
    to actually get in at least the 8 cups of water a day.... I'm still struggling with this oddly enough
    Walk 3 days a week until I get to my first goal weight , then add a 4th... I started walking this week, was behind due to minor injuries
    And lastly.... My first goal weight is 349. My starting weight was 391 so I wanted to get under 350. Currently at 370.8
  • Tootsiebee
    Tootsiebee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eating. I don't mind working out, since I Zumba, Box, Spin, Hike, its kinda fun. But I was still eating all the same foods. I stopped eating fast food, cut down on carbs, no sweets, or sodas & count calories and its working. Since Monday I lose 8lbs. I eat very healthy 900 calories or less a day & workout super hard.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Eating. I don't mind working out, since I Zumba, Box, Spin, Hike, its kinda fun. But I was still eating all the same foods. I stopped eating fast food, cut down on carbs, no sweets, or sodas & count calories and its working. Since Monday I lose 8lbs. I eat very healthy 900 calories or less a day & workout super hard.

Is that 900 net or gross? either way, I would suggest eating more.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is making a awesome effort to change their lifestyle for the better!! I'm trying to because its my biggest downfall be there for my pals and groups. This site has a great support system that we don't always take advantage of. so my next small step is to be more active on here!