FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
July 4, 2013
tumblr_m6pnd280CZ1rx2pboo1_1280.png

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Spent most of yesterday speedcleaning and straightening up toys and moving more furniture, so that Grandma would have a nicely set-up room. When she got here, 3 huge suitcases immediately burst open and spread their contents all over the house, per the usual routine with Grandma. sigh. Oh well, at least we have lots of new clothes for the kids from America and other goodies.

Today, I had to go pick up an art easel across town, so a little walking & carrying, but nothing much. Grandma is still jetlagged, so can only leave the kids with her for a short time before she needs a nap. We'll probably all go out for a walk later and to pickup a car to use for the beach this weekend. Once the jetlag passes, I'll be abusing the babysitter by going for runs and swims as often as possible. :wink: :laugh:

I hope everyone is having a great day and a Happy Independence Day to all Americans! :smile:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Happy July 4th!!!

Sherry - have a great time with the kids Grandma around and please DO take advantage of her babysitting skills! I am a Granny and adore my grands and will babysit them anytime for my DD and her hubby.:happy: They no that I am an "active" Granny...not your typical sit around knitting type....LMBO!! I MAKE them get outdoors and be physical when visiting our home.

Thu – It’s July 4th!!! And, I completed Week1/Day 3 of TUFF Upper Body B using weight ranges 10, 11.25, 12.5, 13.75, and 15 pound dumbbells. I was sweating by the end of exercise #2 of 7…lol. I had to make weight size adjustments until I found where to max out between 8-12 reps per exercise. This will give me some idea where to begin next Thursday. I’ve noticed that it is taking 24hrs for me to feel the effects of my particular workout session…great timing. I ate some greek yogurt afterwards…found a brand that I can tolerate by Activia.

Read all of you later...
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Early swim so I can do other stuff later, farmers market in late afternoon and either fireworks on river later or watching local play final dress reheasal…(its for the place i work in box office)
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi all just wasn't feeling it yesterday but today's a new day..up feeling fresh and new and eating right go cardio in early and will do weights this afternoon.... yay
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all!

Got up and checked my weight on the scale and it said 146.5lbs URGH!! What did I expect really with no exercise and eating badly. So I put my running shoes on and went for a 7 mile run. It felt good to get outside and run again. Richard said that he is thinking of starting to run again which is music to my ears. We used to run together every day but since moving and he is a lot busier at work now he honestly didn't have the time.

Awesome day had some friends over to watch the fireworks and I cut up veggies and I ate that with dip and a shrimp ring. Thank god no one brought junk over.

Sherry: have a great time with Grandma in town maybe take some time for YOU and do something special for yourself!

Pam: once I am back from holidays I am going to start that TUFF routine sounds awesome! Keep it up I may have some questions for you later on!

Marla: I am envious of you, I think the lake is calling my name I hope to go swimming at our new cottage tomorrow if all goes well!

Have a great day everyone!