Primal/Paleo and MFP Goals?

Options
I've been using MFP daily for about 3 weeks, and I've been following Primal for almost 2 years. I noticed when I first started logging, the automatic goals MFP sets for you are geared towards "conventional" weight loss (more carbs than protein and fat). Since Primal is all about healthy fats and less carbs, how have you all adjusted your goals? Have you edited them manually, or just leave them and eat Primally and know what you're aiming for? I edited mine a little more than a week ago to try to match Primal, but I'm trying to find the sweet spot for protein and fat grams per day. Any thoughts or examples of the goals you've set for yourself would be appreciated!

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 60% fat/30% protein/10% carb. I tend to nail it, if averaged out over a week, when I'm eating the way I'm supposed to.

It seems that those ratios are fairly close to what many others do, as well.
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do the best with around 60 fat 30 protein and 10 fat. Sometimes I can go as high as 70% fat if I reduce the carbs down more. And yes, manually enter your goals.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Same here- I manually changed my macros to 60% fat 35% protein and 15% carbs (so far this has been working wonderfully for me but if that changes I will adjust it and see where that takes me)
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks, everyone! Much appreciated.
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    MamaVeronicaWorksOut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How do you even change the %'s on MFP?
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    How do you even change the %'s on MFP?

My Home tab > Goals > green "Change Goals" button at bottom.
  • zazielascaux
    zazielascaux Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    www.paleotrack.com

It will tell you your fat/protein/fat percentages, omega 3 to omega 6 balance and pottasium/sodium ratio. Plus a lot of other nutritional data. and give you badges for sugarfree, grain free etc. I use it to track now and come here for teh community stuff, as it doesn't have that.
  • Grammi_C
    Grammi_C Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for posting paleotrack site!