Link: dressing an apple shape

Options

Replies

• leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! Very helpful!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    According to this site I'm a medium height slender build and got advice on dressing for my enviable shape and small bust :huh: , even though I specified LARGE bust. The only thing I clicked 'small' on was hips. Well, it obviously lies to make me feel better, I'm an apple plain and simple! :laugh:
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    According to this site I'm a medium height slender build and got advice on dressing for my enviable shape and small bust :huh: , even though I specified LARGE bust. The only thing I clicked 'small' on was hips. Well, it obviously lies to make me feel better, I'm an apple plain and simple! :laugh:

Gah! Sorry I posted a a site that LIES! Boo hiss! Apples are apples and that's just the way of it, yes?
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Most of my apple shape is around my middle, so I'm regularly asked when I'm 'due.' :explode: I saw an add for TLC's What Not To Wear where they were going to show how to dress a pregnant body. I was so hopeful that they would show how to camouflage it, but the whole episode was promoting that you 'embrace your pregnancy belly' and accentuate it with empire waistlines, etc. I was SOOOOOO disappointed! :sad:
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    ah as an apple i sometimes want to curse (and i do!). i find it soo difficult to hide my belly and love handles, not to mention back rolls.

thank goodness for blazers and scarves!
  • wencandoit2013
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, but there is a website that allows you to rent designer items such as dresses and accessories. They started a fantastic section called Our Runway that features "real" women in the gowns (sent by the customers who actually rent and wear the designs). You can even modify your search of women who share similar stats as yourself (i.e. 5'4, size 14, etc.).

http://www.renttherunway.com/ourrunway/