I'm starving!

Options
tyanna68
tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
I've eaten my meals and even went over a little on calories and carbs and I'm starving!
I know my biggest carb meal was a meal I made off of Sandys kitchen. This is my second
True day back on plan. It's 10 pm and I'm sitting here knowing I can't
Have anything else. It's going to be a long night!

Replies

• ryansmommie68
    ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was told at the Medifast center that if I was starving I could have another medifast meal or snack. Would you have been way over if you did that?
    If I go to bed hungry I don't sleep!:(

I hope you got a good nights sleep!
  • jgconnolly
    jgconnolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It is hard to get your body used to the calorie decrease.
    The first week is tough but worth it!
    Try to fill up on water - it helps you feel less empty and really helps the process!
    Don't give up!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've eaten my meals and even went over a little on calories and carbs and I'm starving!
    I know my biggest carb meal was a meal I made off of Sandys kitchen. This is my second
    True day back on plan. It's 10 pm and I'm sitting here knowing I can't
    Have anything else. It's going to be a long night!

If you went over on your carbs, then it's no surprise that you're hungry.

Keeping the carbs low is what helps suppress your hunger - that and eating on a regular schedule. You want to keep your blood sugar as steady and level as possible - too many carbs, and you spike it - and the precipitous drop after a spike is what makes you feel like you're 'starving'.

The MF materials and Dr. A's book can explain it better than I can - look for the book at the library if you don't want to buy it.
  • tyanna68
    Options
    Thanks guys. I did have an extra meal. Put my carbs at 120. Will concentrate harder today!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The first week is the hardest. Hope you ate the extra meal...it's ok!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YOu do know that there are optional snacks (that will not put you over in your carbs). They are listed in the Quick Start Guide. Celery, pickles, sugar free jello. I also suggest that you might want to split your lean and green into two meals. That way, you are eating closer to every two hours instead of every three. Also, if you look at the lean and green guidelines you will see that if you choose to have egg whites as your lean and green your suppose to have FOURTEEN of them!!! People will often choose egg whites and split their L & G into two (egg white omelet in the morning with 7 egg whites and some veggies and another in the evening) and that really helps when struggling with hunger. Also, Powerade Zero really helps people feel better while getting into fat burn. Hope this helps.
  • tyanna68
    Options
    Hate celery but totally forgot about the sugar free jello!
  • cathiwitkowski
    cathiwitkowski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with what was said above about splitting L&G into at least 2 meals. Sometimes I'd make a chicken salad and have part on COB buns and part by itself and then a salad later. Salad also helped me since lettuce/spinach is a larger serving than if I were to just have a serving of cooked veggies, but really it's best at the beginning of 5&1 to use balsamic or a WF dressing instead of other dressing to keep the numbers in check.
  • tyanna68
    Options
    I totally split it today and it worked. Of course I still WANT to snack. Grrrrrrr