Weekly Check in: 7/1 - 7/7

Options
vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
Time for MORE check ins!!! I will be honest and say Insanity has NOT been my main fitness this past week. We are at our cabin by the lake & I have been using walking the shore with boulders, cliffs etc as my workout. I go for an hour early in the morning. Sooooo beautiful! One day about midway I found an anchor that someone must have gotten caught in the rocks & now that the water level has gone down I pulled it free and used it for a weight work out as I walked. They weigh 15 pounds! I do plan to do Cardio recovery some time today!

Replies

• JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have slipped also this week. I am trying to shift back to morning workouts. Monday and today I wasjust too exhaust. Alarm went off. Closed my eyes for a second and it was 30 minutes later. Monday night through Tuesday night driving and then at new student orientation with my daughter at University of Delaware so no shot at a workout on Tuesday. I WILL get back to it tomorrow.

vhuber: You must make for quite a scary sight walking along the shore swinging an anchor around.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tai Cheng week 9 going well.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Beginning week 4....depressed :(
    I know I don't have any to lose as such in the grand scheme of life but I was HOPING to at least lose a pound or two and maybe a few inches....I am told I look better in the arms and back but I weigh the same!!!!! I don't really get it...
    I weigh the same and my measurements are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
    I work out so hard; insanity, hiking, ballet and eat really well on a plant based diet ...getting to feel what's the point!????
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am back in town from my camping vacation. It sure was strange having no internet or cell phone service for 8 days. It is great to be back home.

I received several other messages about people taking it easy this past week because of camping and vacations scheduled and Independence Day traveling. My shoulder is still painful and I was hoping the pain would be gone by now. Sleeping on an air mattress in a tent the past 8 days seemed to aggravate it.

Great job to all working out and eating healthy. I ate as healthy as I could but I went overboard a few days on the smores. I love marshmallows. Surprisingly no weight was gained.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I know I don't have any to lose as such in the grand scheme of life but I was HOPING to at least lose a pound or two and maybe a few inches....I am told I look better in the arms and back but I weigh the same!!!!! I don't really get it...
    I work out so hard; insanity, hiking, ballet and eat really well on a plant based diet ...getting to feel what's the point!????

Most people do not see any significant change until month 2. It is possible to look better and maintain the same weight. I would not give up. What are you goals? How much are you trying to lose as in inches and pounds? Did you take before and after photos for comparisons? I felt the same way as you in my 3rd month of P90X.
  • annasor70
    Options

Most people do not see any significant change until month 2. It is possible to look better and maintain the same weight. I would not give up. What are you goals? How much are you trying to lose as in inches and pounds? Did you take before and after photos for comparisons? I felt the same way as you in my 3rd month of P90X.

That's what I hear...was expecting to see more dramatic changes at least in inches as, like I said, people keep telling me that my arms look better as well as my back and my core is much stronger in my ballet dancing. My teacher even commented on it.
    I only want to lose between 5 and 9 pounds and to lose two inches off my waist and also my hips and upper thighs. Yes, I took before pics and will take after pics later on...only starting week 4 now so don't want to take pics yet. You are on 3rd MONTH of P90X and no change!!!???
  • teamryan90
    Options

That's what I hear...was expecting to see more dramatic changes at least in inches as, like I said, people keep telling me that my arms look better as well as my back and my core is much stronger in my ballet dancing. My teacher even commented on it.
    I only want to lose between 5 and 9 pounds and to lose two inches off my waist and also my hips and upper thighs. Yes, I took before pics and will take after pics later on...only starting week 4 now so don't want to take pics yet. You are on 3rd MONTH of P90X and no change!!!???

During my 3rd month I did not see or feel any change. I changed a lot during the first 2 months. I did change the 3rd month but did not see it myself until after my day 90 pictures. My third month I only lost a few pounds but I gained more muscle on my biceps and chest. I ended up losing 31 pounds total in the 90 days.
  • annasor70
    Options
    Interestingly, in my ballet classes yesterday, my tacher said that the strength in my core was amazing ...that I looked like I was super strong and that the change seemed almost overnight...so at least something is happening in the strength department which is cool :)
    She said that I am her poster girl for how great cross training is for improvements in ballet!
    I'll bet that means I will see physical changes soon too :)
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Power 90 Hello everyone. I have still been working out but I had no internet service because I cancelled my service during my move to another state. All has been good and I have been pressing play. I have a new job and looking forward to a new me at my new house. Time to weight in later today. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Interestingly, in my ballet classes yesterday, my tacher said that the strength in my core was amazing ...that I looked like I was super strong and that the change seemed almost overnight...so at least something is happening in the strength department which is cool :)
    She said that I am her poster girl for how great cross training is for improvements in ballet!
    I'll bet that means I will see physical changes soon too :)

Great job. It is the changes that others see that make a huge difference. Keep it up.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I know I have stressed the importance of sleep before but here it is again. I know there are several Insanity members starting and started month 2.

Month 2 is the time to get rid of distractions, ensure your nutrition is dialed in, and get plenty of sleep. Sleep is where your body recovers. If you want to push it hard the next day, you need 7 to 8 hours every single night. If you aren't getting enough of it, you won't be ready for the next workout. Sleep is also where muscle grows, and if you don't rest, you will not change. People who lack sleep also have higher incidences of poor nutrition. So whatever you do, get your sleep.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Power 90. 6 more pounds lost since my last weigh in. I am down 31 pounds. I am feeling great. Thanks for the reminder Coach on the sleep. I am one that needs constant reminding. Most nights I barely get 7. I am ready for some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ now. Have a great weekend everyone and great job.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    7/6 Tony Horton 10 Minute Trainers Cardio, Yoga Flex,, Total Body. I had plenty of sleep (almost 9 hours). I feel refreshed. Because of the holiday and family members from out of town staying at my house the past week I have not been logging everyday. I am ready to get back into my routines of logging again.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So whatever you do, get your sleep.

Thanks for the reminder.

I am back on track with Insanity and have just done 3 straight days of workouts: Last exercise day of week 4 and then straight into the core cardio and balance recovery week days 1 and 2. Looking forward with dread to phase 2 and I can not imagine how insane it will be if it is even harder than phase 1. No idea if I can handle or get through it but I will find out.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    So whatever you do, get your sleep.

Thanks for the reminder.

I am back on track with Insanity and have just done 3 straight days of workouts: Last exercise day of week 4 and then straight into the core cardio and balance recovery week days 1 and 2. Looking forward with dread to phase 2 and I can not imagine how insane it will be if it is even harder than phase 1. No idea if I can handle or get through it but I will find out.

Jonathan,

Here is another bit of information from Shaun T on month 2 Insanity.

Get your mind right—it's going to feel like you started INSANITY all over again. The workouts get longer and harder. This is to make your body readjust again and overcome that "comfort level" so it continues to incinerate body fat. And just like you adapted to Month 1 even though Day 1 seemed impossible, you will do the same with Month 2 if you give it your best and come in focused.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    July 7 Power 90. Another one bites the dust. This day is done. I am loving it so far and less then 1 month to go. I am debating on another round of Power 90 or P90x? Any thoughts or suggestions? Have a great Saturday everyone. Keep it up!!!!
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    July 7 Power 90. Another one bites the dust. This day is done. I am loving it so far and less then 1 month to go. I am debating on another round of Power 90 or P90x? Any thoughts or suggestions? Have a great Saturday everyone. Keep it up!!!!

Hi Alex. Great job on you 31 pounds lost so far. That is impressive. If you are still shedding weight on Power 90 I say keep going at it. You can always do P90X next. You are doing fantastic. :smile:
  • teamryan90
    Options

Great job Alex on your weight loss and success to date. When you 90 days are up with Power 90 you should take the P90X test and see how it goes. If you do well on it then I say go for it. If you need more improvement then try another round of Power 90 since you are doing so well with that currently. Awesome job again.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options

Great job Alex on your weight loss and success to date. When you 90 days are up with Power 90 you should take the P90X test and see how it goes. If you do well on it then I say go for it. If you need more improvement then try another round of Power 90 since you are doing so well with that currently. Awesome job again.

Thanks for your input. I will try the P90X test and see how I do after my round of Power 90 is complete. Thanks again for all you have done for me.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    7/7 Power 90. A great day eating and exercising. Feeling great and loving it. Time is going by fast and so are the pounds.