dress/pant size

Options
2»

Replies

• htalexander
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add that I am 5"10 (and a half =) )
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall, about 200 lbs and a size 14. At my lowest weight (165) I could barely squeeze into a size 10 and wore mostly 11/12.. At my heaviest (238) I was a 16/18, depending on the brand.

There are so many factors that weigh in (PUN INTENDED) on your pant size, it is hard to use someone else as a benchmark. Body type, frame size, body fat % all seem to play in. I used to wear a size 16 last time I was at my current weight, and because I have been doing lots of ab training and running, my body is less 'fatty' and I can wear smaller sizes. Also, my mom is very sedentary because of spinal issues, and she weights almost 20 lbs less than me but wears bigger clothes. She also has a smaller frame and a different body type. Don't let clothing sizes get to you...what truly matters is how YOU look in those clothes!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, i really appreciate it! and it does make me feel better. it is crazy to see all the different sizes and shapes even though we are all close to the same height! you ladies rock!:happy:
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm reading through the replies on this and am realizing how differently we are all built. I have thick thighs and non existant hips/butt so I fit mostly size 12s or 14s anywhere. I'm 5'9 and about 215 with a thick frame. I want to get down to about 175 weight wise, so I'm not sure what size that will be like. I'm hoping no smaller than a 6, ideally an 8.

hey I am your height, bigger frame and also no rear and bigger thighs - I have been in a 10 since 175 lb. I started at a 14/tight 12 when at 195
  • Montana_mama
    Montana_mama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my size seems to change very slowly. At 180, I'm a 12 or 14. At 170, I'm a 12. At 160, I'm starting to get into 10s. I think I have wider hips, which keeps me in bigger pants:) So hard to say what is right for you. I'm trying to make it to a size 6, but really I will stop before then if I feel lean.
  • iwillwin1313
    Options
    At 5'11" and around 150ish pounds (give or take depending on the day), I fit into an 8, sometimes a small 10.
    I do carry most of my weight in my hips though. :)
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Height and weight are all different from each body to the next. I stand 5'11" and currently weight a lot more than everyone else but when I was 175 I wore a size 8/10 in pants and could sometimes get into a size 6 dress. I was an athlete in my early years and the doctors say that has a lot to do with it. How we carry fat and build muscle is very different for each of us, so it is very hard to tell what you will be when you reach a certain weight.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Reading this post has had me giggling a little as there are variants of sizes and cuts to clothes depending on where purchased and depending on if they are british or from the USA or other country... I am 5ft 10 and at my heaviest i was 18st 12lb and wearing a 20 (british), after shedding 60+ pounds I am wearing 18's and some 16's even have a few 14's but predominantly only 1-2 dress sizes down. I exercise daily and moderately active when not exercising and remember when I was 12st being in a size 12 comfortably... there can be 2 people weighing the same and one may wear a 10 the other a 14.. so my answer to your question would be to be a size you are comfortable at regardless of what the next person thinks. you need to be happy with yourself before taking others criticisms as being negative.

L.x
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'll be brand specific since I recently went clothes shopping.
    I'm 5'10.75" (though I usually say 5'11").
    Current weight: 148
    Peak Weight within past 2 years: ~185 (post back surgery!)

Ann Taylor:
    Dresses, At 172-175, I wore 8's (uncomforably snug when sitting) and 10's.
    Dresses, At 148, I'm wearing 6's.
    Tops, at 172-175 unknown
    Tops, at 148, I'm wearing 4's
    Shorts, at 148, I'm wearing 6's (4's fit, but with muffin top)

Gap jeans:
    At 148, I'm wearing 8's (but I feel like they get too loose in the rear within an hour)
    6's fit well in rear/legs, but slightly too much muffin top.

DKNY jeans:
    At 175 I wore 12's
    From 155-170, I wore 10s (a bit loose at 155)

Bathing Suits: forget about it. I can wear the same suits over a huge range of weights.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    I am 5'11 and size 12 is perfect...for ME because I like having curves, right now I am in a 16/18 so my goal is to be there where you are --- :)
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 6'0 and 248lbs and I wear a size 14/16, every tall lady is built differently. Since I have lost weight I have people telling me "omg you're so small now!" Or "don't lose anymore weight or you will disappear". I hate these remarks because I know I still have about 25 more pounds before my goal weight. I carry alot of weight in my stomach and arms and they're the last places that I have to lose weight. I do look a lot smaller now compared to my size 20 weight, but I just can't see myself being smaller than a 12 because of my body shape, plus I like having curves lol
  • ginger_ninja42
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I weigh 155 and fit comfortably into my size 6-8 jeans and shorts. It really just depends on the brand and the person. Everyone was made differently, and if we try to put ourselves up against someone else, we are setting ourselves an impossible goal.