OA Gatherings

Options
Terri_Wickwire
Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
When I left OA all those years ago, it was after having attended an OA retreat -- for the 5th time. Right after that -- pppfffffttttt -- I was gone. Although it wasn't about the Program so much as many changes in my life, including an emotional affair (nothing physical, but it made me realize how lonely I had been for so long with my alcoholic husband), the final crumbling of my nearly 20-year marriage, a trip to Canada, Tennessee and LA to meet online friends and turning 40.

I have a regular Saturday 815a meeting I attend, and one of the long-standing members is preparing to move away. Not far away, but about 3 hours. Today she had us over for a potluck (yes, COE can do healthy potlucks!) and it reminded me of how much I loved going to retreats! There was about 10 of us women, talking about everything from children, to husbands, to online dating. And laughter! That deep, belly-busting laughter that is so amazingly healing!

I cannot express how deep my gratitude is that God pulled me (kicking and screaming) back into these rooms. Such an amazing blessing are the friendships we form in Overeater's Anonymous. "Welcome Home" is truly a Godsend. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ellemusicrose
    Options
    Life takes us through different seasons. Looks like you have survived the worst. So happy to hear you are enjoying your life now. You deserve happiness :)