Need some encouragement

Options
kathyt08069
kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
I am looking for someone to help me be become more accountable. This week I decided to get real and track all of the food I eat, boy was that an eye opener!! I did not realize how many calories I am really consuming. I am especially concerned over the amount of sugar I am ingesting. Holy Cow it is no wonder I am steadily gaining weight. I want to avoid ruining my health before it is too late. Anyone out there willing to help? :noway:

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I am looking for someone to help me be become more accountable. This week I decided to get real and track all of the food I eat, boy was that an eye opener!! I did not realize how many calories I am really consuming. I am especially concerned over the amount of sugar I am ingesting. Holy Cow it is no wonder I am steadily gaining weight. I want to avoid ruining my health before it is too late. Anyone out there willing to help? :noway:

Hi Kathy,
    I know that feeling. I really need to get back to being good, but it is hard to do. If you like we can try to keep each other on track? I will send you a pal request.
  • katiepeg46
    katiepeg46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy,
    I know what you mean. I am logging everything I eat now and it amazes me how much I was eating. But is was not the right foods. I now eat more vegetables, but not enough. I am getting more fruit in by having smoothies.

Do you like smoothies? I tried adding spinach to my last one and I also added frozen pineapple. It was green but GOOD! The pineapple covered the spinach.
    I need encourage to do the exercise. I did my WII today but It is really an effort for me to do walking.

I am bored today. No party to go to today and too hot to go outside. Don't mind me....having a pity party by myself...lol

Tomorrow is another day. I will send you a friend request!

Kathy
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    katiepeg, Kathy.

Well, let me say, I am very disappointed that I was not invited to your pity party! How dare you have one all by yourself. LOL I too have those, but usually try and drag my family members to it. We all need pity parties once in awhile especially when it is hard to even move about!
    I hope your day is good. Mine has bee ok so for. We will BBQ later and my "adopted" son, his g/f and their (my grandson) will come over. Then later off to see the fireworks.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

We are all here for each. Feel free to vent all you want but also post your victories. For me the key has been cutting down on sugar and refined carbs and thus following South Beach guidelines.
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am just trying out the friends section so please forgive me if I stumble around a little bit while I figure it all out. I am really interested in giving and receiving support in this journey. I hope to make this a daily habit. If you have any tips I'm all ears.
  • katiepeg46
    katiepeg46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    califgirl,

Just saw your post...lol. I was having a pity party but guess we all have those days. I was invited to a BBQ but it was someone that I don't really like so I opted not to go. I could have gone to fireworks by myself, but what fun is that. DH is getting old and doesn't like to go places much.
    My kids were all busy that day. Guess I have to learn to go places by myself.

Kathy :yawn:
  • cindydownes
    cindydownes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is my fourth or fifth time to lose weight (I lost count), so it was hard to get started again. That Failure thing kept rearing its ugly head. But, I'm on track now with MyFitness Pal, walking my dog, and going swimming at the gym. I do better in the summer when there is fresh fruit and vegetable and I'm not as busy (I teach at a tutoring center.). But, as the saying goes... One day at a time! :flowerforyou:
  • JeannetteLassell
    Options
    I need encouragement too!, but I'll try to help. I am a newbie at all this and am trying to cut all processed sugar and flour in addition to keeping to my calorie goals. I have a sneaking feeling I am going to get tired of broccoli.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I need some encouragement also. If you still need friends, I think we could be good support for each other