FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
July 7, 2013
1016518_578132218873781_159299769_n.jpg

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Woke up early, husband leaving soon for almost 2 wks. I am the independent type so looking forward to my time alone.

I will swim later for exercise. I only have one day off until back to work so will rest most of day.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have been gone since Monday to my inlaws for vacation and accessed MFP only by mobile, so no forums. I had a wonderful week of relaxation poolside and good eats. I let myself have this week to indulge, and now I'm back in the saddle again. :laugh:

I did find the motivation to run every day (four in a row) except for the day we arrived and the day we departed. I'm now in week 5 of Couch to 5K. My last run consisted of: 5 minutes warmup walk, 8 minutes run, 5 minutes walk, 8 minutes run, 5 minutes cooldown walk. W5D3 consists of 5 minutes warmup walk, 20 minutes run, 5 minutes cooldown walk. *eek* :noway: Trying not to psych myself out over it. My last run was after dark on Friday and while there was talk of a mountain lion in the area, my immediate concern was that I would get trampled by a herd of deer. A group of about eight of them ran across the road in front of me - I kept thinking there would be a straggler that would come running out and plow me over. :tongue: Hoping I can keep up my momentum with the running.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Marla, enjoy your alone time! I do love alone time so much too. Enjoy your swim! Swimming is so relaxing, while still being quite physical. mmmmm-I love swimming!

Liz, welcome back!! Wow, exciting place you've been! I'd definitely be worried about those deer. I had one cross my path on a trail in MD/DC before. They are MUCH bigger up close than you expect, and those antlers looked like they could do some damage. I was most amazed when I saw him gently & quietly leap over a huge chainlink fence like it was nothing. Amazing creatures. Great work on the running!

So, I did some housework this morning and then took my lil girl to the National Gardens (it's like our mini...well MICRO Central Park) to play. I think I talked her into letting me try to run with the stroller there. Think I'll give it a try in August. I just need to remember to get a leash for the stroller, to put on my wrist. I let her go the other day when I was startled by a big spider on my arm. I screamed and swatted it away and when I looked up, the stroller was rollin' down the sidewalk. oops! Luckily we weren't on a big hill. I promise I'm not a neglectful parent, but I have visceral reactions to spiders and to bees (even so far as jumping out of a car in traffic, sigh). Anyway, today after the playground, it was to McDonalds (where I KEPT a copy of the calories info, b/c I REALLY need to choose better for myself when I take the kids there), then some window shopping, then Starbucks, then through Plaka, and some general shopping at the local 24h store. All that walking was with her in the sling--yikes!.

I gotta say, I feel like I'm slipping when I'm not doing what would be considered "work outs", but after a few hours out-and-about like today, I walk through the door absolutely exhausted. I don't think I could do a workout ontop of this kind of activity level! Now, in the Winter, when it's too rainy, etc--well, then I'd better get my rearend in gear!

Okay, well, I'll check-in tomorrow, then after that, I think I'll be off to the family beach house--in the land of hand-laundering in a bucket and rotary phones--so no internet!!:laugh:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Got a computer virus..logging has been hard. Justna check in...im working on it now :-(
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So today I went to go visit my Mom at the cottage and went for a 40 km bike ride which I was very happy with my performance! It was a hard ride but well worth it once I was done! Hope to run 10 miles tomorrow I am anxious and nervous since it will be the farthest I have run in a very long time!

Have a great day!