Upcoming Races

Options

Replies

• phooey43
    phooey43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I survived double weekend, taking Mother's Day weekend off. Next up is Rohring Rock 50K on May 18th, Moutains 2 Beach May 26th, and RnR San Diego on June 2nd. After that no more marathons for a while.

Congrats! I don't ever feel like doing much the day after a marathon, but now you've got me thinking hmm...lol

Completed Sage Rat Run Half-Marathon this weekend, and have signed up for the Portland Marathon in Oct
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    registered for Chicago in October and hoping to sign up for Rock n roll vegas in november and tucson in december
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    registered for Chicago in October and hoping to sign up for Rock n roll vegas in november and tucson in december
    Nice little series there. I ran Vegas the last year it was during the day and enjoyed it, I am sure it is even cooler with the Strip lit up but the cost is just to prohibitive for me. I wanted to run Tucson but my wife talked me into doing the Mesquite Tri States Marathon instead.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Tucson this year! PF Changs (Rock n Roll AZ) in Jan & the Phoenix marathon March 1st
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    July- after dark dash (5k)
    October - Urban cow (half marathon)
    December - California international marathon (CIM)

and I am sure I will throw some more in between now and the end of the year
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    June 30, ASICS Golden Four .. Officially my first Half-Marathon, I had ran more the 21k a couple of times before, during the training.
  • denny_menter
    denny_menter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Grandmas' Marathon, June 2013. This will be my fifth. I'm hoping for a PR.

Unknown marathon in the fall. Maybe Seattle since I've got a friend who will be running it.

Turkey Trot - Eau Claire Wisconsin. This one's a family tradition to justify overeating and overdrinking the rest of the day.
  • samanthlou
    samanthlou Posts: 12
    Options
    Detroit FreePress Marathon in October (second time, 3rd full) - excited to see how much I've improved over the last year!
    Dallas (White Rock) in December - likely the half, possibly the full. I did the full last year, burnt out with the flu. I don't have good memories!
    New Years Double - Half on NYE and Half on NYD.
    Toss up between Cowtown/Disney Princess/NOLA RnR in February.

I'll find at least one half to do before October and maybe some smaller ones.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm not racing but I'm psyched to be pacing a friend in the Western States 100 miler on June 29!

Next up:

Atlanta Peachtree 10K road race July 4
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon July 13

In the fall I'm focusing on the half-marathon distance to try to qualify for guaranteed entry to New York. For my age group (45-49) the standard is 1:25, and my PR is 1:26:37 so I think I can do it.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Sept. 7~ I am running a Color Run with my little sister in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Oct. 20~ I am running my first full marathon in Bar Harbor, Maine.
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    Options
    Bud Heat Wave 5 miler in Baytown Texas. Fun race and great after party! I love this run.
  • NicoleDurso
    NicoleDurso Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just did a 5k trail run yesterday in 85 degree heat! Whew, that was rough!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    September 29th Dogfish Dash 5K
    October 20th Army 10 Miler in DC
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be busy!

August 3 - Red Top Mountain State Park 9.9 Mile Trail Run
    September 7 - Unicoi State Park 15K Trail Run
    October 6 - Allstate Half Marathon, Brookhaven, GA
    October 27 - Atlanta Marathon 10-Mile Race
    November 28 - Atlanta Half Marathon
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im excited for my upcoming races!

July 27 - Dog Days of Summer Half Marathon - Westminster, Colorado
    September 14 - Area 13.1 Half Marathon - Castle Rock, Colorado
    October 20 - Nike Women's Marathon - San Francisco (my first full marathon!)
  • mellorunner
    Options
    Might be doing 2-4 cross country races in late August/early September, but I will probably back out of all but 1 or 2 unless I'm able to start running again soon and get in a few really good weeks. Otherwise it will be a "race as a workout" in November, than an indoor track season culminating in February (so a mix of miles, 3000m, and 5000m)
  • buttonfeet
    buttonfeet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Air Force Marathon!
  • Jonathanfales
    Jonathanfales Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Complete listing of all trail races in the San Fran Bay Area in the month of August
    http://www.sftrails.com/2013/07/august-trail-racing-in-bay-area.html
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sept 29th - Nottingham Half Marathon
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my first-ever prediction race on Thursday. You are not allowed to wear a GPS or use any kind of watch / timer. Everyone guesses how fast they will complete the 5K, then the closest time without going faster wins. I'm trying to decide whether to do a fast race or just try to hit my usual steady practice pace.