Upcoming Races

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Garmin had 3.08. Official results had me at 17:55. Looking forward to the 4 mile XC race next week.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Finished the Hottest Half Marathon (Dallas,TX) yesterday. Race started at 80 degrees and ended around 92 degrees. The heat cracked me at 9 miles so the last 5 were at sufferfest. But I got it done!
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Lehigh Valley Health Network Via Marathon/September 8, 2013

Walt Disney World Tower of Terror/October 5, 2013

Towpath Marathon/ October 13, 2013

New York City Marathon/November 3, 2013

Walt Disney World Wine & Dine Half/November 8, 2013

Philadelphia Marathon/November 17, 2013

Hilton Head Island Turkey Trot 10K/November 28, 2013

Walt Disney World Half Marathon/January 11, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathon/January 12, 2014
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    10K October 19

Half-Marathon November 2 (my second one, ran this same one for my first last year)

Philadelphia Marathon November 17! (My very 1st full marathon)
  • Philadelphia Half-Marathon Nov. 17th
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    City of Lakes 25K this Sunday Sept 8th

This will be my longest race yet and my last event before my first marathon in early October
  • DavidMartinez2
    Ventura Marathon this weekend. I having been targeting this race for a while and am hoping for a good time. I was trying for sub-3 but the heat we have had this past week and the relatively late start (7 AM) may derail me.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Sioux Falls [full] Marathon this Sunday. Total elevation change of 184ft and a net loss of 18ft. I'm hoping if any marathon is conducive to my first full, this one is it.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I just made it official and registered for my first half, coming up 10/6:
    http://www.runraleighhalfmarathon.com/
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member

I would love to do this race. I lived in Raleigh for 4 years back in the early 90's. We absolutely loved living there. I hope to move back down south at some point.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Providence Rock n Roll 1/2 on the 29th, and the Newburyport Green Strides 1/2 some time in October.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member

I would love to do this race. I lived in Raleigh for 4 years back in the early 90's. We absolutely loved living there. I hope to move back down south at some point.
    And if you look over on the left on their main screen, there is a challenge that would probably be to your liking - the "Raleigh Triple Crown". 3 half marathons in 5 weeks (a weekend off between each). They each have their own medal and then there is the special medal for doing all of them.

I had also considered doing the half down at Moorehead on New Years, but with all that flat terrain down there they do the course back and forth over a fixed bridge over the ICW. A steep climb into a January wind at a dizzying height over the sound? Pass...
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Well the whole family and I are participating in the Color Run next weekend (I don't call it a race though per se). We are excited as my sons (ages 11 and 10) are wicked thrilled to throw some colored chalk.

Reading Rocks! 5k (I am putting together a team from the HS where I work, fierce competition lol)- Oct 19

Anthem 10k-Virginia Beach-Oct 26

Tough Mudder-Charlotte- Nov 2

Reindeer Run 12ks of Christmas- Dec 7

Next year though- I am super excited. THe foot should be all healed and I can tackle some of the fantastic races around NC and VA. I lived in no race hell (aka very rural Louisiana) for way too long!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member

I LOVE Hilton Head, it is my favorite vacation spot during the summer! The boys and I have already booked our house for a week next summer. I will be looking for your WDWM reviews. I think next year when my husband gets home I want to try it and do the Goofy challenge as well. Good luck!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    21/9 - Army Run 5K

12/10 - Fall Colours Sprint Duathlon

They haven't opened registration or announced the date yet for the Hypothermic Half next January yet.
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member

I'm running Wine and Dine too! Its my first race. I wanted something really amazing for my first time...
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Just signed up for the Lungstrong 15k in Cornelius, NC on September 29. Never run a 15k so I'll definitely PR but looking to finish under 60 minutes.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    JFK 50 November 23. Went into my first 50 (north face in june) with little preparation and dealt with 90 degree temps and humidity, and I intend to be prepared this time. Plus it will be cooler. Looking to qualify to enter the Western States lottery for the 2015 race.

Ran 30 miles of the race course last weekend, planning 26 miles of the toughest portion next weekend (the Appalachian Trail portion is about 13mi but I'll be going out and back, so I'll do the section twice,) and another 30 miles of the course Oct 12.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    JFK 50 November 23. Went into my first 50 (north face in june) with little preparation and dealt with 90 degree temps and humidity, and I intend to be prepared this time. Plus it will be cooler. Looking to qualify to enter the Western States lottery for the 2015 race.

Ran 30 miles of the race course last weekend, planning 26 miles of the toughest portion next weekend (the Appalachian Trail portion is about 13mi but I'll be going out and back, so I'll do the section twice,) and another 30 miles of the course Oct 12.

Wow, impressive training! My friends that have done it tell me the toughest thing is the transition from the rough AT to the flat towpaths. Gotta somehow save your legs for when you can stretch out and run.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Aztec Invitational 5K this Saturday. This is the 3rd race of the Dirt Dog XC series and the first without separate races for Open/Masters. Looking forward to getting smoked by old men and young kids at the same time.