Upcoming Races

Options

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Maratón Internacional de Tijuana this weekend. Not a goal race so I will just be going steady and enjoying the bragging rights of running a marathon in a different country.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Aug. 10th, SeaWheeze in Vancouver, BC. My first of many I am sure! =)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This Saturday. Susan B Anthony 5K Women's only race. with my sister. - http://www.buffalochips.com/sba5k/

Oct. 19 - Carter and Cash Half Marathon Relay with my sister-in-law - http://www.folsomblueshalf.org/page/show/219146-carter-and-cash-relay
  • ShellyBrowne
    ShellyBrowne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Training for this one is pretty exhaustive w/ the Summer heat and humidity. Big Cottonwood Marathon 09/15/13. http://www.bigcottonwoodmarathon.com/page/marathon

This one is my hometown race. Always a good time. Houston Marathon 01/19/2014. http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/AboutHMC/FAQ.cfm
  • ShellyBrowne
    ShellyBrowne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be busy!

August 3 - Red Top Mountain State Park 9.9 Mile Trail Run
    September 7 - Unicoi State Park 15K Trail Run
    October 6 - Allstate Half Marathon, Brookhaven, GA
    October 27 - Atlanta Marathon 10-Mile Race
    November 28 - Atlanta Half Marathon

Why not - you're already trained, right? :smile:
  • butler121314
    butler121314 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nov 10: Naperville Half-Marathon

4th half, but first time running as a charity runner. I'm running to raise money for Little Friends, Inc., an organization that supports children, adults, and families affected by a variety of disabilities in the Du Page Co. area.
  • denfrank
    denfrank Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Chicago 10K this Sunday with my cousin from S. California.
    It has been a great year of rediscovering my passion for running fitness that I haven't felt since 30 yrs. ago.
    I joined a great marathon training group for a weekly endurance run with no intention of doing a marathon.
    But maybe a faster, personal best on 5 and 10K's.

Feel free to add me, I'm hooked on monthly 5K's and 10K's.

Chi Town 10K March 24 ✓ unofficial timings - 53min range

Ravenswood Run 5K April 28 ✓ 22:58

Cinco de Miler May 5 ✓ 38:00 for 5 miles / 5K split @ 23:11

Humboldt Park Dream Run June 1 ✓ 10K @ 49:47.5 - 3rd place (40-99)

Proud to Run - June 29 ✓ 10K @ 50:06 / 5K split @ 23:35

Esprit de She - July 18 ✓ 5K - 25:17

Chicago 10K - August 11 - pending

Lung Run - September 7 - pending
  • delevinson
    Options
    Doing a trail half marathon Sept. 15, North Face's Endurance Challenge in Wisconsin. I'll run it bare foot, which means no shoes. This is my biggest run since the Chicago Marathon in 2007. I'm glad to be on a running/fitness regimen that's keeping me healthy and improving steadily.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Just registered for some shorter cross-country races for the end of the month, one 4 miler and one 5K. After that will be Ventura Marathon the first week of September.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    October 13th Exeter (UK) half marathon running with my daughter.
  • Tdwilkerson
    Tdwilkerson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Princeton Half-Marathon on November 3, 2013.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Blue Ridge Relay coming up for me on September 6-7. The event is mostly composed of 12-person teams running 208 miles from southern Virginia to Asheville, NC. Each runner runs 3 or more legs out of the 36 total legs in the event, each of which ranges from 3 to 10 miles. The other runners follow along in vans, and we run through the night. Takes between 20 and 30 hours to complete.

Really looking forward to it -- if you haven't done a race like this before you should find a team and do it. There are similar races all over the US.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Blue Ridge Relay coming up for me on September 6-7. The event is mostly composed of 12-person teams running 208 miles from southern Virginia to Asheville, NC. Each runner runs 3 or more legs out of the 36 total legs in the event, each of which ranges from 3 to 10 miles. The other runners follow along in vans, and we run through the night. Takes between 20 and 30 hours to complete.

Really looking forward to it -- if you haven't done a race like this before you should find a team and do it. There are similar races all over the US.

I want to do one of these next year.
  • davemunger
    Options

Stay in touch...we could use a guy with your kind of speed! Really a lot of fun, too.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

Stay in touch...we could use a guy with your kind of speed! Really a lot of fun, too.

Absolutely will. That sounds like a really nice route too.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    At the ripe young age of 40 I am running my first XC race on Saturday. Stealing a page from Carson's book and getting out extra early to run the route as my warm-up. This is also my first race as a "Master" runner
  • davemunger
    Options
    At the ripe young age of 40 I am running my first XC race on Saturday. Stealing a page from Carson's book and getting out extra early to run the route as my warm-up. This is also my first race as a "Master" runner
    Very smart! Enjoy it, and be careful out there. You'll find the competition increases in your 40s.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

Welcome to the Master's world. I have found, just from looking at age group finish times, that the 40s are just as competitive as the open division. Not as fast, but lots of guys near the top of the standing in this bracket.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Finished ~17:54. My Garmin had that time, the race clock had 17:45. Regardless I was sub-18.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Finished ~17:54. My Garmin had that time, the race clock had 17:45. Regardless I was sub-18.

Wow -- definitely go with the race clock on that one. Impressive time on an XC course -- was it an honest 5K?