How to Add OLD Points to MyFitnessPal Diary

Options
Juliane_
Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
As promised, here are the instructions I wrote back in November last year. It should still work.

How to add Momentum Points to your Myfitnesspal diary.

Here it is:

1. Install Firefox if you don't already have it on your PC

2. Next go to Tools>Add-ons

3. Search for "greasemonkey" and install it.

4. Restart your Firefox browser.

5. Install the following script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

6. On myfitnesspal go to the settings to modify the order in which nutrients are shown. The order needs to be Calories, then carbs, Then fat, then fiber and lastly Protein <----this file you just installed is only for PointsPlus and it rounds #s somewhat funny. The developer didn't want to fix it when I contacted him so I modified his file . Below is how to download and replace this file with the file I modified.

7. You're almost done! Download the following file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20156778/myfitnesspal/script.js

a. Steps: -Copy and past the link to your browser. After it opens go to file>save page as> ….then save it to a location you will remember.

8. Go back to your Tools>Add-Ons manager for firefox. Click on the tab "User Scripts"

9. Find the script titled "MyFitnessPal Weight Watchers Points 1.1.4"

10. RIGHT-CLICK on that script name and click "Open Containing Folder".

11. Find the file you downloaded and saved to a location you would remember. You need to copy and paste this file to the "Open Containing Folder" location that just opened up on your screen.

12. Finally, rename the copied and pasted file to match the name of the original script file that was already in that folder. You are basically replacing the old file with the file that you downloaded off the link I provided to you above. For example, the name will be something like "122949.user".

13. Go to myfitnesspal and enter something in your diary. If your nutrients are in the order I explained in step 6 your Momentum/Flex points should show. Make sure it's correct so that we ascertain that you copied and pasted/replaced the old file with the new file correctly.

PS: This will only show points in your desktop. It does not work on mobile. Hopefully in the future mobile browsers will allow userscripts and then we can see those WW points from our phones/ipads etc.
ENJOY!

Replies

• nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you are a charm. thank you very much. it worked!
  • nfx1058_10
    nfx1058_10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you works perfect
  • Juliane_
    Options
    You're Welcome! I'm glad it helps :)
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FocusNfit
    FocusNfit Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm confused...If I follow these instructions my MFP tracker will track points instead of calories or will it do both? I so wish I could see a screenshot of what it will look like. I'm scared to do this and not be able to reverse it. Also, is this PointsPlus? I have soooo many WW books I would need to double check if I have the dining out for the Momentum plan.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Does this work with WW 360 or are the points the same ?
  • natasha00100
    natasha00100 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it works a treat!! But I have a query - when I log to Myfitnesspal from my Samsung tablet (usingFirefox), I can't see the points - any suggestions? Thanks...:smile:
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Thank you, it works a treat!! But I have a query - when I log to Myfitnesspal from my Samsung tablet (usingFirefox), I can't see the points - any suggestions? Thanks...:smile:

Hi Natasha,

the script only works through the browser on the PC that you install it on. This is the only drawback.
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Hello

I see some posts here and there with questions from the past. I don't actively check this thread so if you have any questions about this you can email me instead.

Thanks.
  • lisambrown568
    lisambrown568 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I could not get it to work. I am sure I did everything correctly. Oh, well. The http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949 will not load. I tried it once and it did load but I must not have done something correctly. I tried it again and it would not load at all.