Mini (or Major) Success Stories

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
BBB pointed out that we've kind of been slacking off since our reorganization. Summer is busy, but I don't want to lose this awesome support system that we've built. Many of us have had struggles with eating and exercise and that's going to happen, but I want to hear some success stories. I don't care if they're huge or if they're little personal victories, but let's remind ourselves why we're doing this and cheer each other on.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I'm going to go first.

1. Today I finished my 9 week Couch to 5K training program. I can't run a full 5K yet, but I'm up to 2.5 miles and I'm not stopping now.

2. Also today I had my 5 month assessment with my personal trainer (started with him February 4). In those 5 months I have lost 36.45 pounds, 12.4% body fat, 26.75 inches, and my 1 minute heart rate (after a 3 minute step-up test) dropped from 120 to 98.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That is great! 36 lbs in 5 months! You are doing great! Congratulations on completing the c25k.

I dropped a dress size and was able to fit into some older clothes. That was such a motivator!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well to this date, I've lost 60 pounds! :) That is really exciting. The first 15 were lost in an unhealthy way (I couldn't get myself to eat after my break up with my then boyfriend) and then rest is history! I started working out some and just started eating healthier. This time last year, I wasn't able to walk a 5k, so far to date this year I've walked 3!! With a goal of walking 2 more.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    That is great! 36 lbs in 5 months! You are doing great! Congratulations on completing the c25k.

I dropped a dress size and was able to fit into some older clothes. That was such a motivator!

Fitting into smaller clothes is so exciting! I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe now that I can fit into some smaller clothes. And I've been donating the ones that are too big so I don't have them around anymore.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Well to this date, I've lost 60 pounds! :) That is really exciting. The first 15 were lost in an unhealthy way (I couldn't get myself to eat after my break up with my then boyfriend) and then rest is history! I started working out some and just started eating healthier. This time last year, I wasn't able to walk a 5k, so far to date this year I've walked 3!! With a goal of walking 2 more.

That makes me want to cry. So proud of you! The start of it may not have been healthy but you took charge and you turned it into something awesome. And I bet it's a lot easier walking those 5Ks without having to carry that extra 60 pounds around with you!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    This is a great idea lepert!:flowerforyou:
    Let's focus on the positive...
    Here I go: I have lost 11 pounds, 16 inches, and have gone from a size almost 10 to a comfortable size 6.
    My BMI went from overweight to normal (I think I'm most happy about that).:happy:
    AND I am really extra aware about not only what I put in my mouth, but what I am feeding my beautiful little children.:love:
    YAY for all of us for doing the right thing!
    Love,
    BBB
    PS What a great way to start the day!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    This is a great idea lepert!:flowerforyou:
    Let's focus on the positive...
    Here I go: I have lost 11 pounds, 16 inches, and have gone from a size almost 10 to a comfortable size 6.
    My BMI went from overweight to normal (I think I'm most happy about that).:happy:
    AND I am really extra aware about not only what I put in my mouth, but what I am feeding my beautiful little children.:love:
    YAY for all of us for doing the right thing!
    Love,
    BBB
    PS What a great way to start the day!

That's amazing! I can't imagine imagine a comfortable size 6 but that's my goal! And it's brilliant that you're passing along your new good habits to your children.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lepert!!! I was thinking of starting a string something like this, what can we say great minds think alike! My greatest measuring stick is my belt, prior to mfp, I didn't consider wearing it, tooooo rotund. Now I am wearing it and tighten it down to the 3rd notch and sometimes the 4th one if my pants are thinner. I have lost 6 inches off my gut, so I have gone from rotund to well beer barrel sized. On my healthcare chart I am almost off the obese list, my BMI is a 31 and I need to get to a 30 to be just plain old fat. So I got to get my mindset back, you see its gearing up for football season which I coach, and well I don't have good routines during this time of year. FOCUS up Kline!!!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Thanks Lepert!!! I was thinking of starting a string something like this, what can we say great minds think alike! My greatest measuring stick is my belt, prior to mfp, I didn't consider wearing it, tooooo rotund. Now I am wearing it and tighten it down to the 3rd notch and sometimes the 4th one if my pants are thinner. I have lost 6 inches off my gut, so I have gone from rotund to well beer barrel sized. On my healthcare chart I am almost off the obese list, my BMI is a 31 and I need to get to a 30 to be just plain old fat. So I got to get my mindset back, you see its gearing up for football season which I coach, and well I don't have good routines during this time of year. FOCUS up Kline!!!!

That's awesome! Keep notching up that belt further!
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!.
    I'm going to go first.

1. Today I finished my 9 week Couch to 5K training program. I can't run a full 5K yet, but I'm up to 2.5 miles and I'm not stopping now.

2. Also today I had my 5 month assessment with my personal trainer (started with him February 4). In those 5 months I have lost 36.45 pounds, 12.4% body fat, 26.75 inches, and my 1 minute heart rate (after a 3 minute step-up test) dropped from 120 to 98.
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Mini success: The scale is going in the wrong direction but my clothes are looser! Victory for me.
    I got my stitches out today - all 50 of them - and I'm ready to look smashing at my son's college orientation this week.

Hope everyone is staying dry during this very wet summer.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Mini success: The scale is going in the wrong direction but my clothes are looser! Victory for me.
    I got my stitches out today - all 50 of them - and I'm ready to look smashing at my son's college orientation this week.

Hope everyone is staying dry during this very wet summer.

Your clothes being looser tells the true story. Too many variables that go into the number that shows up on the scale. Congrats on getting your stitches out!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I've got another mini success story to share, coming from my annual physical. The past couple years my blood sugar has been creeping up, just enough that my doctor was concerned about it. Thanks to working out and eating right my blood sugar dropped from 111 to 99, so I'm back in the normal range!

She also told me I have the nice slow heart rate of an athlete, which made me want to cry.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My major success is that I lost 25 lbs since January 2013 and I'm back to being a size 8 UK. It's all because of the support I got from this group and thanks to Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks workouts, I was able to shed the extra pounds. My clothes are much looser now and I can wear whatever I want :)
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all!!

My mini success story: my "every day" black work skirt prior to MFP was a size 18. This morning, I zipped up a size 14 I had bought too small b/c it was on sale...YAYY!!! :)

My goal now is to get my butt in motion again...I have 0 committment to working out these days b/c I enjoy spending my non-work time hanging out with friends and going out. I need to tear down the mental block and work it back into my schedule. I'll get there...
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Here's a real small one! When I am eating healthy there's more toilet than turds when I fush!!!! woooo hoooooooooooo haaaaaaaaa I kill myself :):devil:
  • tigermorris
    Options
    I would like to share that my doctor just took me off my high blood pressure medicine!! I have been on high blood pressure meds for about 15 years. I have lost 25 lbs since January and I lost about 21, 2 years ago, so a total of 46 lbs. I am very close to being under 200, just under 4 lbs. I really thought it just genetics, but I guess not. Maybe I can get off my cholesterol meds too!! Also I actually bought XL shorts for working out and not women's size!!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks so much! This group is helping to keep me honest about dieting! :-)
    Reading all of your success stories just now has put a smile on my face - especially the ones about people's health improving / going off medications/ and getting slimmer and healthier.

I'm grateful to be in what feels like a normal sized body again - but still have 22 pounds to go. My weight loss has stalled over the past 3 months... But I am down 78 pounds as of today - since last Fall.

What has improved:
    1) Running for the bus in the morning I can go fast without having it feel like my heart is about to stop!
    2) Pants size dropped from size 20 jeans to size 12 jeans.
    3) Dress size dropped from 18W to size 10 regular
    4) I am tall - so it feels like I'm a normal weight now - despite 22 pounds to lose.

I REALLY would like to get back to 160 pounds (down from an all time high of 260 pounds). That's a reasonable & "thin" weight for my age (42) and body type (which has some muscle and is pear shaped (i.e. carrying a lot of fat on hips and thighs).
    In my thinner days, I weighed in the high 140's but that's not a reasonable weight to achieve AND maintain because it required CONSTANT working out and dieting during a time while rowing competitively and doing 3 hours a day of hardcore exercise...
    Who has time to do that, now - Right?? (Well - some of you do VERY impressive workouts... I must say! ;)

Talk soon and KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!! :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I would like to share that my doctor just took me off my high blood pressure medicine!! I have been on high blood pressure meds for about 15 years. I have lost 25 lbs since January and I lost about 21, 2 years ago, so a total of 46 lbs. I am very close to being under 200, just under 4 lbs. I really thought it just genetics, but I guess not. Maybe I can get off my cholesterol meds too!! Also I actually bought XL shorts for working out and not women's size!!

Congrats on getting off your high blood pressure medication! I bet your doctor was so happy with you. That cholesterol Rx is the next to fall.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks so much! This group is helping to keep me honest about dieting! :-)
    Reading all of your success stories just now has put a smile on my face - especially the ones about people's health improving / going off medications/ and getting slimmer and healthier.

I'm grateful to be in what feels like a normal sized body again - but still have 22 pounds to go. My weight loss has stalled over the past 3 months... But I am down 78 pounds as of today - since last Fall.

What has improved:
    1) Running for the bus in the morning I can go fast without having it feel like my heart is about to stop!
    2) Pants size dropped from size 20 jeans to size 12 jeans.
    3) Dress size dropped from 18W to size 10 regular
    4) I am tall - so it feels like I'm a normal weight now - despite 22 pounds to lose.

I REALLY would like to get back to 160 pounds (down from an all time high of 260 pounds). That's a reasonable & "thin" weight for my age (42) and body type (which has some muscle and is pear shaped (i.e. carrying a lot of fat on hips and thighs).
    In my thinner days, I weighed in the high 140's but that's not a reasonable weight to achieve AND maintain because it required CONSTANT working out and dieting during a time while rowing competitively and doing 3 hours a day of hardcore exercise...
    Who has time to do that, now - Right?? (Well - some of you do VERY impressive workouts... I must say! ;)

Talk soon and KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!! :)

That's a wonderful list of improvements!