TUESDAY, JULY 9TH

Options
blam
blam Posts: 110
Hello everyone!
Can't wait to hear the progress . . . I'm definitely getting into new routines and adjusting my expectations to fit my reality. Which doesn't mean I'm stopping, just perhaps a bit more realistic.

I hope you all had some happiness in your past week (whether or not you have a 'loss') and that you remember to be grateful for your health (despite the weight loss journey).

I find it so easy to talk to my children about gratitude for their health, their friends, their abilities versus focussing on their 'areas of improvement' that they tend to focus on. Yet for myself, I sometimes get so wrapped up in my dislike for my body that I'm unable to appreciate that I can bike for two hours. I think about the running I can't do anymore because my knees hurt too much - likely because of my weight, or how I wouldn't want to pay soccer b/c I don't want to feel my fat jiggle, or have people watch me and judge me (I assume anyone who looks at me is judging my weight).

I am determined to lose weight and will not quit this time - thanks to this forum. But I also want to stop the self-loathing in the meanwhile and be grateful for my abilities.

What are you grateful for???

Replies

• gwangjujulie
    Options
    Week 1 of 2lbs Tuesdays: 204.5

LW: 199.2

TW: 198.6

I had a great week this week, feel like the loss should be more but I'll take it and be happy and assume that as it's a small amount it's all fat loss and not water!

What am I grateful for? I'm grateful that I dont let my weight stop me from doing the things I want to do! The times I've read the thread and I've felt so sad and my heart has gone out to people who let their weight stop them from doing things.......I know it's easier said than done but PLEASE STOP.....life is for living, you only get one shot, and lets be honest when it comes to your jiggle the people who mind dont matter and the people who matter dont mind......or even notice! :flowerforyou:
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 257
    LW: 244
    CW: 240

-4lbs!!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weight last week: 196.2
    This week: 195.0

Loss: 1.2#

This is not a new loss, but I'm still happy about it. I've been up and down the same 5# for months. My fault. No excuses other than uncooperative weather for outside runs. So, on to the next week and hoping to just keep going down!

Cheers!
  • prayaas
    prayaas Posts: 30
    Options
    No weight loss this week :embarassed: I had a gr8 week in terms of the time I spent bonding with family & friends but I guess all the comfort food was not really helping the weight loss :tongue: But for the first time I don't repent it !!
    Will try to be more sincere this week !!

What am I grateful for ? Well, I am grateful that I am able to fulfill all my responsibilities & take good care of my family despite my weight. In fact, one of the main motivating factors for the weight loss is that I will be around for a longer time & in good health !!
    I pray to God that as long as I live I should not be a burden on my family or dependent on them due to my ill health !! Thank you God for all the little joys in my life that I sometimes fail to appreciate :smile:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I came by even though I'm not posting my weight this week because I'm stepping away from the scale until next week... I've had a really bad last week and was completely derailed!:frown: I'm not giving up or leaving the TPT, I just want to put all the chances on my side. I've been weak with a lack of motivation, ended up to eat like a pig just like before and I don't want to see that number and then continue this way because I'm pissed about it or wtvr... I hope you all understand :smile: I will be back next Tuesday with a number!! I just need to get back on the wagon now..

Good work everyone!:drinker:
  • vburnett
    vburnett Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their successes. I've lost a pound from last week. What a great idea to count our blessings. God's been so faithful to my family and me. I'd be hard pressed to pick just one thing, but the love of my husband and kiddos and our health is not to be taken for granted. Also, I've enjoyed the stories and encouragement from many folks on this site. Have a great day, everyone!:wink:
  • drrozzy
    drrozzy Posts: 30
    Options
    181 start weight
    175.5 lasst week
    171.5 current week
    I'm grateful just for life an the ability to reach out to others.
    Getting there with God's help!:smile:
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    Wow! Love love love the posts .....

I'm down 0.6 this week - which I'm okay with b/c of TOM - pretty much unheard of for me to be down, so I'm REALLY looking forward to next week. As long as I can stay on track.

Congrats to those who lost - keep it up!

Congrats to those who didn't lose, but posted anyways. Your struggles are our struggles - we've all been there, and will likely be there again. Knowing that we're not alone is a gift - so thank you.

Have a good week everyone - one choice at a time - one meal at a time - one day at a time - it will all add up!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I think i started this challenge around 194. Will have to check.

Last weight posted was 192.4 (two weeks ago)

This week 191.

I am getting better and controlling my snacking!