Starting Phase 1....Any helpful hints??

Options
brosegal
brosegal Posts: 1 Member
Sooo I LOVE sweets and buttery toasted bread. I've become busy with work and have been inconsistent with the gym and thus need to lose the 25 pounds that I've gained and break my craving.

If there are any helpful hints/encouraging stories then please please share! I'm trying to train my mind to be disciplined.

Anyone want an accountability partner? I'm beginning Sat.

Replies

• kmkelly68
    kmkelly68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was on vacation. How did phase 1 go for you? I did it a few weeks ago and I lost 7.5 lbs. Gained some back during vacation but back to logging and working out but I won't weigh in until Friday. My birthday is on the 20th so I will splurge then but not before. Hubby wants to do phase 1 July 21 - Aug 3. He is bit more picky than me so we shall see.

I recommend you always keep chopped veggies and if you work/eat away from home pack more than you think you will need. I like raw cabbage and celery a lot. Also cheese already portioned helps. Yogurt for breakfast or a smoothie is good too. Lots of eggs...low sodium spicy V-8 is a nice treat at night after our daughter is in bed.

AND of course working out - even if it is just 20 minutes. Good luck.
  • vwillan
    vwillan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Phase 1 was a very eye opener for me. I didn't realize how much I relied on sweets for that emotional "fix". Hopefully you have made it through and are happily on Phase 2 now. I love the South Beach lifestyle, and have not been disappointed in any of the recipes yet. I have the original book and the "Supercharged" book and use the plans that they have for Phase 2 and do a bit of mix and match to make it work for me.

As kmkelly68 says, be sure to keep handy things available. I simply got rid of all bad items out of my house. (luckily I live alone) The one treat that I allow is sugar free fudgsicles, I think they should be classified as a complete food group.

Good luck!