Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
Alright. Here it is.

SW: 227.6
GW: 150-ish
CW: 191-195
Have not lost anything since December.
Been going between 195 to 191 since than.
My lowest was 187.6
Height: 5.0

I am currently do the TDEE/BMR method, trying to watch my carbs (and yes, when you read my diary you will find I struggle hard with it) and trying to each more healthy foods (yes, a struggle as well). When I first started I was eating whatever I wanted as long as it was in my macros and was losing well. Currently doing Slim in 6 and also have done 30 Day Shred (in which I saw not one lb change). My diary is not the most pretty as of late but I'm also becoming so frustrated I'm practically giving up.....no excuse but I'll state it anyway.

I am pretty much completely stalled right now. For awhile I was losing inches instead of pounds but I have been nearly stalled completely for a few weeks. I've come to far to give up but I just don't know what else to do. Someone help?

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^ Yes.
  • abnerner
    Options
    Thanks!

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc): 5'0/195/27/NA

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average? Currently set at 1828 as I'm set with TDEE and do not add in exercise calories

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!): (Counting for last seven days divded by 7) Protein: 62; Carbs: 226; Fats: 19 (Saturated only)

Do you use a food scale and measure everything? I do not own a food scale but typically measure with measuring cups, etc. (no, not every single meal and no not every day)

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?) Yes, except for water, which I do drink much of (usually 80-100oz a day)

Do you take cheat days or days off? Not typically, I try not too. Some days I go over but I don't have "cheat days" planned. Except Saturday, that was my birthday ;)

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period? 35 pounds since January 2012

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months? I work at a desk so I sit all day. Within the past few months I did 30DS by Jillian and am now doing Ripped in 30 by Debbie Siebers (Started a week ago Monday). I have also done a little running and did a 5K. This is increased exercise since before my plateau.

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period. I have not lose any lbs since December 15, when I was at my lowest 187.6. I have lost some inches but not anything drastic. I am now in between 191-193 most days.

Are you breastfeeding? No
  • SideSteel
    Options
    We will get back to you soon. On plateau issues Sara and I discuss every one of them before recommending anything so please be patient.
  • abnerner
    Options
    Thank you very much. If you need anything else just let me know.
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm bookmarking this thread - Abnerner you and I need to be friends! We are in the same boat. I've lost inches since the beginning of my journey in December (or so) and I have only lost maybe 8 pounds. Add me if you'd like!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How many days a week do you do your exercise routines? How long for each day?

Do you have PCOS or thyroid issues?
  • abnerner
    Options

Right now I am at 6 days a week doing Slim in 6. Level 1 was 34 minutes each day and I just started Level 2 yesterday which is 56 minutes. I took Saturday off for my birthday and Monday off because I was having some back pain.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Right now I am at 6 days a week doing Slim in 6. Level 1 was 34 minutes each day and I just started Level 2 yesterday which is 56 minutes. I took Saturday off for my birthday and Monday off because I was having some back pain.

• abnerner
    Options

I am sorry! Not that I am aware of.
  • abnerner
    Options
    Although this hasn't been to long, just wanted to add that I have been trying to watch my carbs more and up my protein a bit as well. Not sure if this will be in the suggestion but it's worth mentioning.
  • abnerner
    Options
    Not trying to rush - just seeing if you guys had any input yet :) Thank you for your time
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Not trying to rush - just seeing if you guys had any input yet :) Thank you for your time

Thanks for your patience. We got together and cranked out some threads yesterday but unfortunately this wasn't one of them. I will have quite a bit of time between this afternoon and Sunday (family is out of town, I'm home alone) so I suspect we will get to this and probably everything else very soon.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Thanks for your patience. We got together and cranked out some threads yesterday but unfortunately this wasn't one of them. I will have quite a bit of time between this afternoon and Sunday (family is out of town, I'm home alone) so I suspect we will get to this and probably everything else very soon.

Poop. I am just going through older threads and realized that we missed this one, so tagging to make sure we discuss tomorrow.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    We will get back to you re your intake, but do you have access to any strength training equipment? A gym or at home dumbbells for example?
  • abnerner
    Options
    I have 20, 15, 5 and 3lb weights, just dumbells, a yoga mat and some resistance bands
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi!

On looking at your diary, you look to have a lot of entries that are from a bunch of different restaurants, even for the same meal. It therefore appears that you are pulling the nearest item you can find from the database (please correct me if I am wrong here). This will inherently cause inaccuracies. Also, as you are not using a food scale, there will be more inaccuracies.

We recommend that you be more diligent in trying to get more accurate with the entries you use from the database and start using a food scale as much as possible. Your calories averaged 1,710 for the last 4 weeks per your diary, however, they are probably higher than that due to the inaccuracies. Your protein is very low as well.

With that said, while ensuring greater accuracy with logging, keep your calories at 1,700 and set your macros at:

Protein: 135g
    Fats: 65g

the balance should go where you wish based on preference, adherence and energy levels.

Could you get back to us in two weeks with an update as to your weight. If you have any issues however, please get back to us sooner.
  • abnerner
    Options
    Thank you for the information, I will take these things into consideration along with information I am gathering from other research. :) I truly appreciate your time and all of the work you guys do to help others!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Based on your post, we were under the impression that you were looking specifically for our advice rather than collecting information. If we had realized that we would not have spent so much time discussing your specific circumstances. If you decide to take our advice, please follow up with us per the above. If you do not, best of luck, but if you make any posts in the future we ask that you make it clear when you are looking for general information as we spend a lot of our time on the individualized intake advice threads.

Locking the thread. If you wish for it to be reopened should you choose to follow our advice, please PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread, and we will unlock.
This discussion has been closed.