Hit an Emotional Wall

Options
kmcosgrove115
kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
My oldest graduated this AM - 5th grader - and my youngest is graduating tomorrow from Kindergarten. It was emotional of course but I saw a pic snapped of me and my son and I look just awful. It looks like I am the same weight from day 1. I came home to find my internet connection to work from home not working and awaiting IT to fix. I can see on the scale with my TOM coming that the slight bump is mostly due to that - minus that out I am the same - no loss and I feel so much fatter after seeing the pic. I am so sad inside, feeling like an absolute failure. I feel like I have been stuck at this weight for so long with no progress and I see these success stories of SO much weight dropped in 6 months to a size 2 and here I am, 4 months in and just 20 lbs...............terrible pics................feeling so absolutely ugly......................my BF who took the pic and is not good with phones seemed so disgusted with how the pic looked or at least that is how it seemed. I am sitting here feeling like I should just starve myself and not eat, not even WFPB b/c nothing is working, I look so awful..............

Replies

• Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    G'day You, wowww there's a bit going on for you. It's called emotion overload and it's all OK, it's just not the best of day's for you is all. We All have them. As for your weight loss to date ....... I'd gladly swap lol :-)

I reacquainted with your pics and you look Fantastic and Very Hot. Your b/f may be the most amazing guy, but you even said he's not good with phones. Talk to him and you'll discover he's probably dissatisfied with himself for not being able to convince you of how fantastic you look Today let alone Tomorrow. As a bloke I can testify that we Don't get it right All the time in our communication, a fact my Marion would agree to as well.

So chill down and accept the fact everything is all OK. I'd suspect the fact that your young sons are graduating from their respective school and kinder may be tripping your emotional buttons as well.

Big Hugs
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyone can have a bad photo taken of them and have a day where everything feels less-than-best. Keep at it and give yourself some time to recover, keep doing what you're doing, and remember why you're doing it. It'll get better. Starving yourself is not the answer, don't endanger your wellbeing over a bad day. =)
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Kim,
    Now that a month has passed, how do you feel?

ND