fave paleo meal?

Options
chandy2809
chandy2809 Posts: 42 Member
this is my second week and im loving it!!! ive had lots of meats and fish and loads of veg!! my Fiance took me out for dinner to an Italian on sunday, my fave!! however I didn't feel like pasta or pizza - wooop for me!!! there was nothing on the menu that was bread/pasta/cheese free. soo I had prawns of the starter menu and mixed roast veg as a side dish but asked them to come with his dinner, I then made my own paleo friendly dinner - I obv don't know what it was cooked in but still its better than a huge pizza!!!

im so looking forward to sat 13th, not only am I having an engagement photo shoot, and an engagement party....but im weighin in and measuring myself since first starting. I already feel fab and am thinking that I look like I have lost weight so that's good, im not hugely bothered by number on scales but more what the inch loss shows and I know there has been! I will be having some wine (Red so its not too bad haha) and some cake that my sis is making, but we are doing a bbq so I will have burger and salad so not deviating tooooo much, plus whats one day when im planning on sticking to this new approach for life.

anyway - I just wanted to know your fave Paleo/primal meal. I tend to have yogurt I spose im more primal but I don't have cheese r milk,

tonight I am making lamb burgers with mint, sweet potato chips cooked in cocnut oil with cucumber and tomato salad! im really looking forward to it.

My fave so far has to be salmon, spring greens and curly kale and sweet potato chips - that's miainly because I havnt had my lamb burgers yet haha!

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    there was nothing on the menu that was bread/pasta/cheese free. soo I had prawns of the starter menu and mixed roast veg as a side dish but asked them to come with his dinner, I then made my own paleo friendly dinner - I obv don't know what it was cooked in but still its better than a huge pizza!!!

Great job picking something more paleo-friendly! I usually go with a salad when I'm out, or a meat & veggie - Sunday I ordered the pesto chicken and roasted asparagus. Yum!

I have lots of faves, all are meat and veggies. :P Steak and avocado spinach salad is a fave for sure. Or salmon!

And I can't forget, bacon and eggs. :love:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing right now is chicken (or beef or shrimp) and veggie stir-fried in coconut oil with coconut milk, curry powder, and cashews :love:
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Civilized Caveman has a Pineapple Chili recipe on his website that is AMAZING! I also eat a lot of different versions of bone-in, skin on chicken thighs (Honey mustard, mustard glazed, bacon-wrapped, etc.).
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Anything seafood.. sashimi is a HUGE favorite of mine. I like it plenty well without the rice though I do enjoy sushi rolls once in a while. That is an expensive meal though.

I like burgers without a bun (of course) and all of the vegi toppings, sauteed mushrooms and no sauce at all. The tomato, lettus, pickles, etc add plenty of flavor. Especially if you add mushrooms to the top of it.

I am eating taco salid tonight.. just Primal since I do put cheese on it.. but green leaves (I have been buying baby kale or power green mixes), meat, pico de gallo, greek yogurt (I have no sour cream at home or I'd use that), cheese and sauer kraut. I put sauer kraut on a lot of stuff, I love it. Some advocado would be good on that as well, I lack that too though.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll always go with oysters. I can eat them raw or just pop them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 and I'm loving life.

But as for a full meal, I'll take a pound calf liver, fry it up with olive oil and half an onion. Then slice up a tomato to serve with it. Protein is off the charts, and two servings of vegetables.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to pick! I'm a big fan of pasture raised pork ribs, paleo bbq sauce, with a side of cauliflower/radish salad. Yummm
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't have an oven so my meal choices are a bit limited.

My favourite meal is sauteed asparagus, pan fried pork belly (so tasty and crispy!) and baked sweet potato topped with ghee and cinnamon.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    About 75% of my meals are just whatever protein I have on hand on top of a huge salad. My faves are taco salad (with Well Fed's cumin-lime dressing), cobb salad with a paleo ranch, or a steak salad with spinach and blueberries. Yum!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    turkey stuffed peppers or a nice grilled sirloin or filet steak
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This time of year, it's whatever I pick out of my garden paired with a protein from the meat market and tossed on my grill. I have more zucchini than I can handle right now....

Favorite snack of late has been Paleo ants on a log; celery, almond butter, and raisins.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    About 75% of my meals are just whatever protein I have on hand on top of a huge salad.

This is pretty much the way I'm eating these days, at least one meal a day. Either it's fresh salad, or meat atop/mixed with stir-fried greens.

The other meal of the day is a paleo-ized version of what my family's eating for dinner. (As in, I eat the meat/poultry/fish and salad or veggies with butter and leave the potatoes and sweets.)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have more zucchini than I can handle right now....

I'll gladly help you with that problem! :bigsmile:
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Ant'son a log.. that is brilliant! I've been trying to figure out ways to eat my peanut butter without just using a spoon, hehe.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My favourite is an old classic - really good steak on the bbq with a primal mushroom cream sauce (awesome amount of fat in it!!). Other faves include a taco salad with lots of avocado and sashimi (pref salmon).
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a favorite Paleo meal but I tend to make cauliflower rice a lot to complement a meal. That's due to the Asian in me where it used to always be rice to complement a meal. Another favorite is a white sweet potato. They're less sweet than the orange ones.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs with sweet potato hash
    Paleo bolognese over julienned zucchini and yellow squash
    Slow cooker pulled pork (in an omelet, over cauli rice, in a lettuce wrap, any way really)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The 20oz ribeye with braised kale and chard I had this weekend is a contender.
  • mindi73
    mindi73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love love love Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Here is a recipe if anyone is interested. http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1670459416/roasted-brussels-sprouts-and-bacon
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    We eat a "bowl", or so we call it.

Bottom layer: sliced sweet potato baked in olive oil and spices
    Next layer: 1/2 diced avocado
    Next layer: crockpot chicken rheated on a frying pan with a touch of avocado oil
    Top layer: fresh, diced hothouse tomatoes.

That avocado gets a little melted-y and it all just goes together so well. I love it :)
  • CaveBrain
    CaveBrain Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I made lamb curry with cauliflower "rice" and its currently my fav until I try something new!
    MFP1.jpg
    MFP2.jpg
    MFP3.jpg