7/10 its fit-possible - what's your favorite healthy recipe?

Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
Lets share some yummy recipes that help us stay within our calorie range and get some good nutrition!

Replies

• hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's important to find healthy, good recipes that feel like you're eating something kinda naughty. If you haven't been to Chocolate Covered Katie's blog yet, you need to get over there fast! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

Here is a link to her Tamale Pie recipe that I tried recently. Apparently, it has magical powers because some of my family showed up unexpectedly just as it popped out of the oven. My little cousins gobbled it right up. No one needed to know that what they were eating was full of hidden veggies. :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/26/copycat-amys-mexican-tamale-pies/

(Instead of regular tomatoes, I used tomatoes with green chiles. Spicy and so good! Also used black beans instead of pinto beans because thats what I had in the pantry. Then topped with plain, nonfat greek yogurt.)

1/5 of the recipe (without greek yogurt) has 200 calories, 43 carbs, 2 fats, 8 protein, and 3 fiber. Not bad at all!
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I will bookmark that page for sure!

My favorite recipe is picnic related because I LOVE summer grilling and a great cheeseburger!

This makes 8 so cut it down if you're not having a party

Spicy Mexican Turkey Burgers

Ingredients

3 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
    1 small green pepper – diced
    1 small red pepper – diced
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    2 tsp. onion salt
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 tsp. chili powder

Instructions

1.In a large bowl, combine the peppers, garlic powder, onion salt, cumin, chili powder, and then the turkey.
    2.Mix well and scoop out 4 to 5 oz. portions, or about a large palm full.
    3.Roll each portion into a ball, flatten into burger patties, and grill ‘em up!
    Nutrition Info and Tips

Per Serving 1 (5 oz. burger):
    Calories: 140
  • Dhellia
    Dhellia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yum food! I don't have a particular favourite recipe however in general I love the Weight Watchers recipes. They really taught me how to cook... using spices and marinades for flavour rather than high fat content!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Spicy Mexican turkey burgers?! How have I lived 35 years in Houston without having this?! This will be on the home menu very soon. Thanks!