How to know if you are burning away lean muscles!

Options
The way to know if the weight loss you are achieving is from the extra fat tissue instead of the lean muscles tissue is through testing your Resting Metabolic Rate.

The Resting Metabolic Rate test estimates how many calories you would burn if you were to do nothing but rest for 24 hours. It represent the minimum amount of energy required to keep your body functioning, including your heart beating, lungs breathing, and body temperature normal.

HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RESTING METABOLIC RATE?

Equations have been developed to find out the resting metabolic rest. The Harris-Benedict equation has been the standard for decades and is still the most widely used for estimating RMR. However, numerous studies have shown it to be inaccurate.

WHAT IS THE BESST WAY TO FIND OUT YOUR RESTING METABOLIC RATE?

Thanks to science advancement now is easier to measure your Resting Metabolic Rate and with more accuracy. Different devices that accomplish this measurement have been developed, I use one of the most widely used to determine my client's true daily energy expenditure. This device is called: The "BodyGem" and it's made by Microlife Medical Home Solutions.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR RMR?

If you know exactly know the amount of calories you require at rest; then an specific calorie budget can be made for you and help you more effectively achieve your goal whether it's to lose weight, maintain or even to put on weight if you need to.

If you would like to find out exactly how many calories you should be eating in order to lose weight! just contact me and I'll direct you.

Replies

• kmeybs12
    kmeybs12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) Loving your posts. I feel like there are so many people on here that are just looking for fast results and not really thinking about being healthy and creating a lifestyle.

I am interested in finding my resting metabolic rate. You said that the Harris-Benedict equation is standard but inaccurate- which formula would you best recommend?

I've been lifting for awhile now and don't want to lose any of the muscle mass I've built up while trying to lower my body fat percentage. Thanks!