March 2014 babies

Options
Hoosier96
Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
Hi! I am new here. Anyone else get a + test for a March 2014 EDD? This was kind of a surprise for me, we weren't really trying for #2, and I kind of had my head wrapped around being one and done, but...here I am! I guess what can you expect with no birth control, eh? I was halfway to my goal on MFP when I got the +, so I switched to maintenance and am basically trying to stay at maintenance or a very slight deficit until I have my first appt. for this pregnancy on July 11 and can talk to my doctor. My BMKI had JUST gotten into the healthy/normal range, so I was a bit sad to have to put a halt on weight loss with my goal just 11 lbs away, but am grateful I at least knocked those 11 lbs off my frame to get myself to a normal BMI before getting pregnant. Hoping to keep my weight gain controlled and healthy, instead of ballooning up like I did with #1, when I considered reese's cups a staple food. LOL. Anyway, hi!

Replies

• berrymelt
    berrymelt Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello. Baby number three is due on March 9th! I have a much healthier outlook to thi spregnancy than my other pregnancies too although I'm a long way from a healthy BMI. My aim is to gain very little and to eat a healthy balanced diet throughout. Of course I will probably be pretty sick in the next few months so I really determined that whatever I do eat will be good for both of us.
    I look forward to being on this journey with other people with similar thoughts. Good luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
    Laura
  • Ali31886
    Ali31886 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I had RNY feb 2012. Went from 449-221 now. I'm actually Pregnant with my 2nd child as my first was born still born due to complications I had with a twisted intestine. I am now being watched very closely to maintain my weight since surgery i have not stopped losing so I'm on a strict eating schedule with doctors to take in 2300 calories first and second trimester. I'm doing OK with it altho its tough but just looking for some people on here to enjoy this journey with. . Feel free to add me if you'd like. hope your all doing well in this journey!
  • berrymelt
    Options
    How are you all feeling?

Any morning sickness yet?

I'm fine but very tired. I have been pretty good with eating and cutting out too much sugar and no pop!

What small changes are you making? I find it easier now that I know I am pregnant. It is the motivation I needed!
  • meghanvest
    meghanvest Posts: 92
    Options
    ???? baby number 2 due march 11. We just started trying last month so we are very excited. I have crohn's disease which makes me a high risk pregnancy, so I am really concerned about having another miscarriage. I gained 36 pounds with number 1 which was a boy, hoping to keep it closer to 25 this time. Starting out at 117 @ 5'4". Good luck everyone!
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'd like to stick to a 25 lb gain this time. With my first I gained 50...and never lost it all until I joined MFP! I was down to pre-pregnancy weight, though still 10 lbs over my goal, when I fond out about #2. Going to the dr this Wednesday. Not really feeling any symptoms yet so it all still feels a little surreal.
  • Hotrox007
    Hotrox007 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, can I join you lovely ladies. I'm due on the 4th March, a happy accident! Last week was a bit of a blur but I'm focusing on proper nutrition and health now. I'm a first timer and 34.
    No morning sickness yet but a bit of nausea every now and then, light headed when I stand quickly and constipated :-(

Is it correct that you should aim not to gain more than a few kg's in the first trimester?
  • Nmorfitt
    Nmorfitt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I had a wonderful 4th of July morning and then had to put water in my beer cans :) We are expecting #2 on March 14th! I can't wait. I want to do this pregnancy different and watch what I eat and keep up with excersising. I can't wait to get to know you all!

Symptoms: TIRED, Full of zits, and Constipated!
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm also due march 14! I gain 40 pounds my first pregnancy, starting at 120. I'm starting at 128 this time and am aiming for a healthier weight gain of 25 to 30 pounds. I run about 3 miles a day and lift weights a few days a week.
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm due March 15! This will be my first baby, but is my 3rd pregnancy as I've had 2 miscarriages. Am hoping 3rd time's the charm. So far my symptoms are: major constipation, cramps, tons of peeing, sore boobs, nausea when I wake up, tiredness....
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just got a positive test this morning. It was a complete surprise and shock as I am currently taking birth control pills. But something in my head said I needed to test this morning and the second line showed up immediately....like as fast as the control line. I have no clue as to what my due date is or how far along I am as I am still nursing #2 and have yet to have a cycle since he was born.

I'll be calling tomorrow to schedule an OB appointment once my H and I can discuss his schedule tonight so I can schedule something that will work for him and me.

My goals this pregnancy are to gain as little weight as possible while still being healthy for my baby. I was overweight with both my other pregnancies. I started at 184 with my first and gained 40 pounds. I started at 197 with my second and gained 25 pounds. My weight this morning was 210 so if I can only gain 20 or so I'd be happy, but obviously if it's healthier for the baby I'll gain the extra weight. Even though this baby is not planned and a complete surprise, I still want him/her to be healthy.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

This is my first baby/pregnancy, EDD March 7th. He/she will join my by then 13 y.o. step-daughter for siblings.

I spent the last year weightlifting and trying to gain weight to be a normal BMI before TTC. We hit it on our first cycle TTC!

I hope to gain the healthy 25-35 lbs, and I'm starting at 115 (5' 4.75"). I will probably try to keep up the weightlifting, just knock the weight way down, with a goal of maintaining my lbm.

Symptoms so far: sore breasts, frequent urination, greasy skin/hair, fatigue, nausea... basically all of it I think, but I"m enjoying it :)
  • moondust7
    Options
    How are you all feeling today? My symptoms are about the same. I'm really constipated, and when I do go, it hurts!! I'm hoping that will ease up a little. Yesterday I went to get my hcg and progesterone tested, and I'll back on Wed. for another hcg test. My OB will prescribe me progesterone if my levels are low. Otherwise things are good!
  • Hotrox007
    Options
    Hey, I'm really gassy and windy the last day or so. It's like I need to fart and poop but nothing much is moving down there (sorry TMI).

Anyone know any tips to help get things moving? Hihihi
  • meghanvest
    meghanvest Posts: 92
    Options
    Ladies, if anyone is having problems with constipation make sure to drink alot of water and eat fresh fruit. Works like a charm, seriously. LOL
  • Hotrox007
    Options
    Ladies, if anyone is having problems with constipation make sure to drink alot of water and eat fresh fruit. Works like a charm, seriously. LOL

Thanks, I should probably up my fruit intake, I'll give it a try to see if it helps some.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I went to my OB yesterday for my first appointment since I have no idea when my due date would be. And ironically they don't know either. They repeated a pregnancy test there to confirm and it did say I was pregnant, although the nurse said it did take a little while for the line to appear as opposed to my home test where the line showed up dark and immediately. They did an ultrasound and I was fully expecting to see a beating heartbeat thinking I must be far enough along (my first ultrasounds with both my boys I saw heartbeats right away). And we saw NOTHING. The OB said she did see some endometrial stripe thickening, but couldn't see anything that indicated a baby at this point. She thought that I was maybe 5 weeks. Then they did a blood draw that I have to go in tomorrow to repeat to test hcg levels and I guess we'll go from there.

The doctor did not seem to be optimistic that this pregnancy will go on. So if you would, please, keep my baby in your thoughts and prayers that he/she sticks. Even though this was completely unexpected, I'd be devastated to lose him/her.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    @Candb I'll be praying for you. It's so hard waiting on tests. Hopefully it's just really early yet.
  • berrymelt
    Options
    Oh Canb, I hope for you that everything goes well. Ultrasounds can be quite unreliable and especially if it was an external exam. I'm a big lady and my first scan will be done with what my hubby calls the '*kitten* doppler'
    Please keep us updated.

As for everyone else I totally understand on slow bowel! Holy Farting Batman!!

I have a smoothie for breakfast when I can with wheat germ in it. the days I have it I feel less sluggish!
  • shinyhappyrae
    shinyhappyrae Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very early on here - 4 weeks and due March 21! Hoping it will stick and very excited! Was only my second cycle of TTC so I am just thrilled that everything seems to work down there, haha!

A bit nervous about weight gain - I have worked hard in the last year to lose 60 lbs, but have been eating at maintenance or just under for a couple of months (mostly due to diet fatigue - still have at least 40 more lbs to go but needed a break.) Have to remember to keep exercising and don't use this as an excuse to EAT ALL THE THINGS!
  • moondust7
    Options
    Will definitely keep drinking more water and having some fruit!! I haven't done so well today with drinking lots of water but I still have time to get several glasses in... so chugging one right now.

Candb - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am having my hcg and progesterone tested as well (I've had 2 m/c's). Today I'm going in for my 2nd hcg test. Hugs.