Binge Eating Battles

Options
I've been on track with my healthy habits but the minute I am stressed, overwhelmed, or bored I go to food. I've binged twice this week and although I'm still kicking *kitten* at the gym I just feel like I'm failing because I let my ED get the best of me. I am addicted to food and sometimes I let my addiction devour me...

Replies

• cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know what you're goin through... I've been having a lot of issues with bingeing lately, like way more than usual. Feel free to send me a message and we can always talk about things. Maybe like if you feel a binge coming on just send me a message and we'll talk instead?

I also know for me I've been trying to think of H.A.L.T. (Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired?) more, but I always seem to forget.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I find it good to stop once you get to the kitchen and let yourself think about whether your body needs fuel. I feel you though, it's a goddamn drug.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing at the moment too - just when I think I've got a handle on it - something emotional kicks me sideways and I turn to food. Even though it's healthier food than in the past it's more than my body needs. I find it so hard to stop and face the problem face on instead of trying to "eat it away".

I've given up sugar completely but when I'm stressed out I fantasise about Battenburg cake or chocolate. I know it's self-sabotage and I'm trying to cope using distractions but sometimes I need three or more one after the other to stop me going into that fridge and lying about it to my partner.

You know that preparation is the only way to keep on top of this beast inside us.

So maybe you could line up some distractions you can do that make you feel good to try to ward off that craving....keep your mind and hands busy.... Even ringing a girlfriend or completing a video game can help.

HUG - stay strong
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I also know for me I've been trying to think of H.A.L.T. (Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired?) more, but I always seem to forget.

I really love this quote.. I think I will try to remember this.. Thanks for sharing. its ggod to see that there are more folks like me on here.. (You know, those that can't NOT and can't STOP eating.. vs those that can't eat. ) Stay Strong!!