EXPRESS YOURSELF

Options
In this thread,feel free to express yourself.sometimes we need to vent,unwhind,or just need support,and motivation.this is the place to do it!i decided this topic here,because if we hold hold it,we can act out,emotionally eat,and GOD knows what else.this will be a healthier alternative and in the end you will fel a 100& better.:bigsmile:

Replies

• Dymond1978
    Dymond1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know when it comes to being healthy, there's not time better then the present! I'm just so annoyed with my self that I have let things get this far, I'm not understand why my eyes weren't open before on losing weight and sticking to it. I know this is a new beginning and I am truly blessed that I have this opportunity to turn my life around, because sometimes we aren't aware of the situation till it's too late I just wish I would have woken up a long time ago. Its funny how sometime our mind makes us settle for want instead of trying to work harder for what we need. I really want to so bad I can taste it....
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In my opinion It all starts at home, growing up my mom never really taught me about nutrition or exercising because back then kids were so much more active, running around, jumping rope, riding a bike, etc. but now a days everything is computer, video games, facebook, and kids are not as active, other than moving their fingers.

(Some are lucky to even get physical education, if their school budget allows it, or if they belong to some sort of sports club.)

Anyway, everything we ate would quickly be burned off, but she did not teach me about eating healthy & staying active, and as a adult I was adicted to all the wrong foods.(JUNK FOOD) stopped being active and so my weight gain began.

It is not easy breaking old bad habits, but it can be done. We need to take baby steps and conquer one bad habit at a time.

( I promised myself that I would teach my kids about nutrition and the importance of excersie and I have done it.)

My kids are aware of obesity, diabetes, and other complications they can aquire from not taking care of themselves physically as well as spiritually. As a parent we need to teach our children at an early age how to develope healthy eating habits, smart choices, and be thankful, so that they can grow up to be happy productive individuals.

Like I said it all begins from home, so if anyone reading this has kids or will have someday, please save them from what you are going through now. This cycle has to be broken so that your kids can pass it to their kids and so on, and maybe, perhaps someday Obesity will be a thing of the pass.

P.S. in the same manner you talk to them about healthy habits, talk to them about smoking, drugs, sex, and GOD, yes God we all need him in our lives without him we can do nothing! God Bless:heart:

That's my rant for the day! :smile: