Nursing/Menstruation/SUDDEN WEIGHT GAIN :(

Options
Hi Everyone, Ive been nursing my daughter for close to 11 months now. I lost all of my baby weight plus 10lbs a few months after delivery. At about 7 months, my fabulous menstrual cycle came back, ugg. Ive gained about 15 pounds since then. The first 10lbs, packed on very sudden (within 1 month). Has this happened to any of you nursing mama's out there? Someone suggested to lower my calories and nurse more often to loose it again. Not sure if that's a good idea or not for my supply?

Replies

• Apresner
    Apresner Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm at 16 months nursing and just put on a good 4 pounds out of no where. =o( I'm hoping it's muscle. I don't know what advice to give you but I do feel your pain. It really is a balancing act.
  • ashb1216
    ashb1216 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think cutting your calories would help with your supply... You need the energy aka calories for your body to produce the milk.... But, I would suggest eating more healthy choices... Not sure what you eat, but def. add a lot of veggies and fruits...you can munch on veggies almost guilt free and they are good for you and provide so much nutrition for your LO in the milk.... It sucks for me because ever since I started back work...my supply crashed then my oh so friendly monthly came back :/ makes me really sad that I'm not producing enough.... But, like I said switch up your diet with healthier foods and a bunch of h2o!!!!!! Good luck :)