FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
July 10, 2013
310114_10151897918018368_1816789200_n.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    hey all!

ran ~45min today. went nice & early so heat & traffic were no problem. i can't believe how awesome it feels to run in flat(ish) terrain! i have only 1 big hill and it is a seaside cliff, so i get distracted by the beautiful view. sure beats the park loop, where about 1/3 to 1/4 of my run is a hill. but i gueess the park has been good training, as i don't even breathe heavy here on normal terrain.

very windy here, and therefore wavy, almost like the ocean :-/ but hopefully some beach tis afternoon.

hope erbodys doin great!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry and Everyone else!

Today was cardio. I performed Skimble Trainer Max Tabata Test (11 mins) which was an intense fat burning workout and followed with an interval type of walk outdoors for 22 minutes. I burned more calories in the 11 minute workout than the 22 minute workout. Tabata is a fast and efficient way of getting in great high intensity interval training cardio! I will be adding it to my cardio routines.

Sherry - glad you had a good run and now see how strong a runner you really are when comparing performance on different terrains. Enjoy your time at the beach.

TTYL....
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry & Pam and all else!

I ended up doing swim after dinner, got hungry when I came home. What was cool about late swim 9:30-10:30pm was I got to see the stars come out, not most as it was still early but the first 20 or so and I love the time of night when its right before dark and everything has a black edge to it, the trees on the mountains etc.

Going to bookclub swim party today and I did mini hike in hills for 1 hr this morning. Probably won't swim much as it will be too hot in afternoon at party, I actually wait for sun to go behind mountain to swim.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi every one.still here my computer got viruses. And was messed up...I think its better now but im using a little tablet..I also got or fell a little ill but its been a consistent 107 here and you just feel blah..gojng in and out from hot to cold..its crazy im getting back on track I hope :-) Never givenup never surrender