NSV (Non scale victories)

Options

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    The Zombies 5k today (ok so it's the second day...) was a lot easier, possibly due to it being a chilly 57 (for Houstonians that's cold!), instead of a mid 70's last time I did it. But I'm going with it. And people at work said they've noticed a difference in my face. Always a plus!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At my last checkup, my A1C test showed that my blood sugar levels are in the pre-diabetic range instead of the diabetic range. This was a big deal for me :)
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    At my last checkup, my A1C test showed that my blood sugar levels are in the pre-diabetic range instead of the diabetic range. This was a big deal for me :)

That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thank you :)
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I need to start wearing belts for ALL of my jeans, and many more of my shirts and cardigans are a lot looser!
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I need to start wearing belts for ALL of my jeans, and many more of my shirts and cardigans are a lot looser!

Good job! I can't wait until I have that problem.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I love this topic, you are all doing so great! It's inspiring!

So here's my NSV for today: I was out with my kids and decided to run a race with them. Not only did I keep up with my 8 & 9 year olds, I wasn't out of breath at the end - amazing! My daughter gave me this jaw-dropping amazed look too. Next step is to run faster than my 4 year old son - he runs like the wind, my other three (including his twin) don't even get close to catching him. Future sports star that kid is.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    wonderful! and fun! :)
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    One person at work asked if I had lost weight and another told me how much different my face looked and that I must be losing weight. When you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and when the scale is not moving, you tend to think nothings happening or you just don't notice the change. That one comment motivated me to walk on Tuesday night even though I got home late and wasn't really in the mood!
  • deprek
    Options
    Last year when we went to Busch Gardens I tried to ride Verbolten, their newest coaster, but the locking mechanism would not go in far enough to lock......I was mortified and had to get off the ride.

This year, I got to ride!

That moment last year (together with the number that was on the scale at the doctor's office right before we left) was a defining moment for me when I knew I had to do something about my weight.

I've lost 32 pounds since June of last year and that moment made the past year all worth it!
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! So happy for you, Deprek!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    That is awesome Deprek :)
  • beckimj
    Options
    That is wonderful news! Congratulations!!
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Last year when we went to Busch Gardens I tried to ride Verbolten, their newest coaster, but the locking mechanism would not go in far enough to lock......I was mortified and had to get off the ride.

This year, I got to ride!

That moment last year (together with the number that was on the scale at the doctor's office right before we left) was a defining moment for me when I knew I had to do something about my weight.

I've lost 32 pounds since June of last year and that moment made the past year all worth it!

That's awesome! I had similar problems with The Raging Bull at 6 Flags a couple summers ago. It wasn't so bad that I had to get off the ride, but the lap-holder had to be pulled in my my friend and I and pushed down by an attendant because it wouldn't go far enough on its own. Like you said: mortifying. This year I'm hoping to ride it again, though! It's my favorite coaster.

My NSV is clothing-related again. While I may not be dropping weight fast (which is okay), I've gone from a size 20 pants in-store to a size 16! So I bought myself a nice pair of stretch boot-cuts from Torrid as celebration--and so I'd have one pair of jeans that I didn't have to belt.
  • deprek
    Options
    good for you. I just bought a new shirt from Torrid the other day. I don't even think I'd have gone in that store if I had not lost the weight I did. I've bought just a couple new shirts and I pulled out two or three from my closet that I wouldn't wear because I didn't like the way they looked. Pretty cool.
  • beckimj
    Options
    That is great for both of you!
  • ShannonTourne
    Options
    I am able to get my wedding band back on. It has been several years since I have been able to wear it.
  • deprek
    Options
    I am able to get my wedding band back on. It has been several years since I have been able to wear it.

Congrats....that's a big deal.....and I'm sure something that made you very happy!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    That is really fantastic. For years my wedding and engagement rings were stuck on because I couldn't get them off! It's funny how fingers lose weight, all these little places on the body that we don't notice getting smaller until...

This week's NSV - I sold my 'fat' jeans - ones that I was thrilled to fit into earlier this year nonetheless. It's the first time I've ever been able to onsell jeans because I got too small for them before the inner thigh wore through. And I have to go shopping now because even the jeans I kept are falling off me, and I'm going to be working from the office more and I have almost no 'business' clothes that fit me. But I get to go shopping in normal shops, not just restricted to plus sizes any more. Feels awesome :)
  • ShannonTourne
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling! Congratulations!