Confession Time

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Yesterday I was talking to a teenage girl that has joined mfp a month ago and she was having a little bit of a downer day. I was trying to give her ideas of things to do and just letting her know that there will be good days and there will be not so good days but that she was doing great. In amongst her bad day she asked me how I was doing and I told her I was having a really good week. She said oh I will see a loss on your tracker then?? It was at that moment that I realized I am CHEATING. My confession is that I have been on an upward trend (gaining) for the last couple months and I have not posted that to my progress. I have realized that the only person that this is hurting is me. So today I am not only admitting to you that I have cheated but I am also going to go back and enter all my Friday weights for the last 6 months. The bottom line is not going to be pretty but I will carry on from here. Thanks for listening and if anybody else would like to chime in and confess something please feel free.

Thanks Jenn!! :love:

Replies

• steph1113
    steph1113 Posts: 6
    Options
    I hear ya! That's why I updated my weight a few months ago, and "told the truth" on the latest challenges. By lying to others I am only lying to myself.

One thing I did yesterday for me was download the Day 1 app that was (not sure if it still is) free for the Apple Store anniversary. I started yesterday, but by having this little journal on my phone and ipad, I am able to put real pictures, notes about the day, and so on. Nothing to share with anyone, but accountability to me. The thing I am most looking forward to is months from now, looking at the first day's photo and saying, YAY, I don't look like that anymore. After all, pictures don't lie.

Thanks for the post, and the reality check.

Stephanie
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Im right there too. I stopped closing out my diary, or logging exercise or weight about 10 days just because I was having a bad attitude and went on a small "walk about". I was up a few lbs but flucuating back to what my tracker says I'm at. so, tomorrow I get on the scale with whatever the weight is (fully expect it to be up) and we go from there. I m pretty sure there are more in the same boat. Thanks for sharing.

Ann
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with you....since my cruise I have gained back 7 lbs and i've been fighting to get rid of it....I will be adjusting my ticker too!! I have to be honest with myself and with my fellow MFP's....i've been killing myself trying to get this weight back off and I bet if I start from where I am now and stop focusing on trying to get back where I was before the cruise this weight will come off...

Thanks Love for posting this...how can you help someone else when you are not being honest with yourself!! :heart:
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments where we want to pretend it isn't so or hide our heads in the sand. Unfortunately, it only hurts us, because our friends especially on here are not here to judge (at least not if they are true friends) . I, too, have had my moments and have had to stop occasionally to do a reality check. I was so embarrassed by what my weight had gotten up to that when I first started to lose I will tell people I had lost less than I did just so they wouldn't figure out my real weight.