new here!

Options
tyrantduck
tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
hi there, just joined today. I miss being part of a daily challenge group and desperately need to lose weight! just moved to my first house at the end of May and have since become lazy with my eating and exercising habits, but no more! i have a cruiser bicycle coming by the end of this week, I'm getting new batteries for my pedometer, and I want to get back on track eating healthier! before I moved, I was in the area of 325lbs, but I'm afraid I gained back the 15lbs I had lost (my highest weight was 340). I want to be held accountable for my health and exercise and have supportive people at my side and at my back to help me get to my ultimate goal (150-170lbs). of course I'll be here to lend a good butt kick or sympathetic ear when needed!

Replies

• got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Don't be afraid to see what the numbers say. We all have that fear, but just gotta do it and acknowledge where you are. Then you'll be able to really celebrate every pound that you leave behind while riding that bike!!

You'll absolutely be able to do this. Sounds like you've got a great attitude and lots of support to help you through. Being accountable to a group is awesome too! So many times I've been tempted to cheat, and then think "Oh frick, I have to weigh-in in just a couple of days" and change my mind. Nothing like guilt and shame to set us straight! :tongue:

Have fun and be proud of yourself!
  • johng1973
    johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good luck and we're all here to support you! Glad you joined the challenge, it helps keep me accountable.
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm new here too! I'm so glad I found you guys. I need a support group! I've just started (AGAIN) my weight loss journey after having 2 kids. Have about 60lbs left to go. I'm doing it different this time though, i'm trying to change my eating habits so this is something that lasts the rest of my life...not just a quick way to lose weight and gain it all back when I go back to the old habits!

Anyways, looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys! I've added my stuff to the spreadsheet!
  • johng1973
    johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'll officially start next week. I'm only guesstimating my current weight since my scale is still packed away somewhere. Once I find it though, I'll be able to get on track with everyone else here. In the meantime, I'm finally back to logging my food and any exercise I do!