coffee,gum, peanut butter, atkins bar= weight loss?

Options
Has anyone felt that coffee helped first two weeks or not?

Does anyone feel peanut butter slows them AND the same question for atkins bar?

Thoughts on sugar less gum??

Thank you!!!!:))))

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Has anyone felt that coffee helped first two weeks or not?

Does anyone feel peanut butter slows them AND the same question for atkins bar?

Thoughts on sugar less gum??

Thank you!!!!:))))

I don't really drink coffee, so I can't answer about it.

Peanut butter? By the 2002 edition of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution peanut butter is not allowed during induction. Even afterward, the peanut butter needs to be the "no sugar, no anything added" kind. It all comes back to carb counts on the labels. Keep it at 20 or under a day (including your salad veggies)

The Atkins bar is different for pretty much everyone. For some, it stalls their weight loss (like me) but it doesn't kick your out of Ketosis. For others, it has no effect and they keep right on losing weight. I guess if I were you I'd wait until I was into week two and try one, and then see the effects on the scale over the next day or so.

Argh! I hate to sound like a downer or a wet blanket, but sugarless gum is in the same boat since they use the same sweetening ingredient as the Atkins bar, "Sugar Alcohol". Some people count it as a car, others don't. You just have to try and see. I think it's not a bad idea because some people do get "Ketosis breath".

Again, sorry to seem like a downer, I really don't want to be. Thank you for the FR, and best of luck!

You can do this!
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My best guess on the coffee is since its a diuretic you lose your water weight faster? Anybody is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong lol.
  • dysonz
    dysonz Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank u for the replies, very helpful!
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Coffee.....amazing help to curb my hunger in all stages.

gum is a big help when im bored and feel the urge to eat. 1 peice is generannly fine for me as i just need that chewing motion. Idk but it helps.

Peanut butter- this can be tricky, I was lucky enough to find a brand that had some flax seed in it so the carb count is pretty low but i can only have a little. I forget what brand it is.

Atkins bars- They have helped tons with my sugar cravings. Ive noticed with me, a little of the fake sugars dont effect my weightloss.

I guess everyone is different

:)