RPG'ers?

Options
BlessedBe23
BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
Hi there, is anyone else in this group into table top gaming?

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Where are the cheetohs!!!
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    And the Mt Dew! :tongue:

It's funny, my friends and I were talking last weekend about how, as we have aged, our gaming food has gone from Doritos and Mt Dew to veggies with dip, more homemade stuff, better choices......but we still have to have the pretzel rods at every game.
  • robdel302
    Options
    I haven't done any table top in years but I'd imagine if my friends and I did we'd incorporate a lot more alcohol.
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    It happens
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I cast magic missile at the darkness.
  • robdel302
    Options
    Why are you casting magic missile there's nothing to attack?
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    "Are there girls there? I want to do them."
  • robdel302
    Options

Classic parody. Ironically D&D 3.5 had an unofficial hardcover rule book for all things related to sex. It's called "The Book of Erotic Fantasy"; I think it was mostly printed in jest and was quiet humorous. It contained spelles like "disrobe" and "orgasmic vibrations".
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ahem, movie recommendation:

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Bring on the funions, orange soda and reese's peanut butter cups!

And somehow I wonder how I put on the weight I did :)
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The first time I heard him say he attacks the darkness I spit up my Pepsi. That skit was clearly written by people who have played table top RPG's. There are a bunch of us old school gamers in this group. You can see a pretty long list of us in the thread Old School gamers. I'll go bump it for you.
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    The first time I heard him say he attacks the darkness I spit up my Pepsi. That skit was clearly written by people who have played table top RPG's. There are a bunch of us old school gamers in this group. You can see a pretty long list of us in the thread Old School gamers. I'll go bump it for you.

Thanks a lot! I am totally down with joining that group......I have never played whatever game that the skit came from (I'm not a video gamer) but my friends who are had to show it to me. That's the first thing I thought too, whoever wrote that knows what they're talking about :laugh:

I am the only female gamer in a group of guys...games are always at my house, every other Saturday. We're currently playing a GURPS fantasy game. Before I decided to get healthier, I made cookies, had chili, banana bread with chocolate chips, you name it. Last weekend the guys were like, you're what? Eating healthier? Is this a trick? Where are the cookies?

The looks of bewilderment were epic. Not that there won't be more cookies ever.....of course there will be, just fewer and farther between.
  • BlessedBe23
    Options

Classic parody. Ironically D&D 3.5 had an unofficial hardcover rule book for all things related to sex. It's called "The Book of Erotic Fantasy"; I think it was mostly printed in jest and was quiet humorous. It contained spelles like "disrobe" and "orgasmic vibrations".

My friend James has that book. He hadn't broken it out in years, but someone is playing a female half-devil in our current game who used to be a temple prostitute and has spells like "Ecstacy" etx. James broke the book out so we could decide what spells she needs to take next :wink:
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    Bring on the funions, orange soda and reese's peanut butter cups!

And somehow I wonder how I put on the weight I did :)

Especially if its 420 while you're gaming. The calories add up fast!
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Oh its not a whole other group it is just another thread within this group. I don't have any females in my group at the moment but I would appreciate it. I think more girls should get in to gaming. Over time it might actually kill of the stigma that we gamers are all a bunch of virgins(not by choice of course).

What sort of storyline do you have going in your GURPS game?
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    It's sort of convuluted....one of those games that started off with one person running it and then someone else took over. It's high fantasy, set in a world where a thousand years ago a race of lizard men (sauron) came to our world to take over and mine octarines (high point power stones) that are abundant in an area of the world controlled by Fae. They were followed by Elves who had beef with them before, who helped defend our planet and repel the invasion.

The sauron were a high tech race from within our solar system. They used gates (like on Stargate), many of which are still active on the world today. They have been largely silent since their invasion failed. There are a few of them floating in orbit around the planet on a galaxy size cruiser that is disabled and can't get them home. We always thought it was a 3rd moon. There are also incursions happening by extra planer beings that may or may not have hooked up with the saurons and showed them how to power their Arktech with necromantic magic.

Our group are becoming hip to all of this knowledge as well as a prophecy that the world will end 2 years from current date. There is a lot going on. It's a busy, busy game. We have a few high tech weapons (Arktech), mostly it's medieval fantasy setting centering around two cities that are linked by a huge gate collinade.

Of course I have one friend who decided from the outset that he was going to be party leader, even though his character is woefully inadequate.....we just roll our eyes and do whatever we want anyway. Now we have a spell jammer ship.....things went from busy to insane!

Thankfully I've been gaming with these guys for 21 years now, otherwise I might have strangled someone over this little foray.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Are the Sauron serving as the primary villains of the campaign? How many people are in your group? What is the groups motivation to work together?
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I always wished that I had people around for actual tabletop gaming, but alas, it rarely worked. The closest I got consistently was playing in Neverwinter Nights campaigns on my PC.
  • BlessedBe23
    Options
    Are the Sauron serving as the primary villains of the campaign? How many people are in your group? What is the groups motivation to work together?

They are sort of a peripheral villian right now. The biggest issue is the extra planer beings called the Skeergra. They are sort of beholder esque without being psionic. They are causing problems all over the place, every time we encounter serious issues they always seem to be behind it. They are actually puppetiring the ruler of a neighboring nation right now.

There are 4 PCs and 1 NPC currently. We're together because we're all from the same sister cities connected by the gates. We awakened the former emperor who said, good job, here's my rod of rule, there are other omega items out there that all belonged to me (helm, sword, boots, etx). If you'd like to be the next ruler, go for it. Now were running around, looking for the items, trying to get all the holders to join our group, trying to deal with the Ske:happy: ergra, the Sauron, political upheaval, the angst that is a group of young 20 something's, lord it makes me dizzy just trying to describe it
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I remember the Friday nights of D&Ding with 5 other kids. Our main dungeon master left and no one was able to do it like he did. I have also joined a nephew in his LARPing escapades. Great times. He has since outgrown it. WIth a family, I barely have time to dig into any hardcore MMORPG or JRPG or RPGs for that matter. Unless it's Dragon Age....