14lbs in 14 days Challenge

Options
TonyG111160
TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
Going on holiday in 14 days time. I would like to lose some weight by then but also want to make sure I feel a little fitter.

So I have challenged myself to make sure I get some exercise every day for 14 days and in the process hopefully lose 14 lbs, one pound per day.

I know everyone says its better to lose 2lbs per week but I need to give myself a kick start.

The challenge - log absolutely everything no matter how horrendous - exercise every day without fail for 14 days, lose 14 llbs in 14 days!

So feel free to join me or nag me to keep me motivated and progressing.

Replies

• The_Gruffalo
    Options
    I like the idea of this and will be keeping a close eye on it to see how ya do i may even join you on the journey ;)

Good luck mate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    by restricting so much so that you lose 14lbs in 14 days, you will probably put it all back on when you go on holiday.

why not stick to a sensible deficit and lose a few pounds that you then keep off whie you're away?
  • TonyG111160
    Options
    Hi,

I had expected some replies like this and as I said 2lbs per week is probably better in the long run. However for me, where I am at right now I know what I need. I need mainly to raise my fitness levels a little and hopefully have a quick loss. I think I can do 1llb per day for a short period without too much of a restricted diet - main thing is to raise my activity levels. I'm not aiming to starve myself.

A quick start like this will hopefully motivate me then to keep it going at a more steady rate.

I intend that my holiday will be active so hopefully will keep off the loss.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Will keep you posted on how it goes.
  • TonyG111160
    Options
    I like the idea of this and will be keeping a close eye on it to see how ya do i may even join you on the journey ;)

Good luck mate.

Cheers, will keep you posted on how it goes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There is more than one way to skin a cat.

true, but that the end of the day, to lose 1lb per week of actual FAT, you need to create a deficit of 3500 calories...

but then when you think about the fact that you want to keep as much muscle as possible, so you need a decent amount of protein, and enough calories in general, plus some strength training... you cant have both!

but you will probably see a large drop in water weight, so it'll seem like you're losing loads!
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Healthy way - unhealthy way, which ever still hard work. I did a did 1lb a day ..... along lime ago on a charity slimathon with may sponsors at a £/lb, admittedly I got a little carried away treating it as a competition, But it did work out very nice for the charity. Struggled afterwards cause I wasn't seeing a lb a day when I tried to get things back in order.
    Good Luck on your personal challenge.
  • SteinerGirlSlimming
    Options
    I use this diet plan to kick start weight loss... it's not all that hard to stick to, I've never felt tired or weak, and last time I did it I lost 11.5 lbs in 7 days *and* maintained it for a 3 month period. I've been back on it for two days so far and have lost 4.25lbs. I honestly do love this diet, and as long as you stick to it rigidly, you'll see incredible results.

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/woman-504/sport-diet-fitness-613/184688-lose-14lbs-week.html

B x
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1lb a day is certainly a challenge! What's your daily intake going to be? And I presume you wont be eating any calories back that you gain from exercise?

Good luck to you! I am going away in 13 days and I dont think I could manage to lose a pound a day! But then I like my food too much!
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good luck, You sound very determined so I'm sure you will do it.
    But whatever the result enjoy your holiday
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For me personally I do not think this is realistic in the slightest.

This would mean you would have to burn 3500 cals a day.

Set a real goal, Maybe 7pounds.
  • markdoutre
    Options
    You'll lose fluid but very little fat. And then put it back on again once you re-hydrate. As others have said, set a realistic goal. I've tried crash diets in the past and always failed. This time I set myself the goal of loosing 2 lbs / week at Easter and am now 33lbs down. Combination of diet, plus calorie tracking and exercise.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

The challenge - log absolutely everything no matter how horrendous - exercise every day without fail for 14 days, lose 14 llbs in 14 days!

Increasing your activity and logging your food is fantastic. You may or may not lose 14lbs, but you'll feel a whole lot better!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • markdavies120
    markdavies120 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you will see a sudden drop for the 14 days in loss fluid, etc... but it will all be back on by the time you get home and probably more as with most crash diets, you will over compensate once coming off it. Plus you will put yourself off a realistic diet starting when you are back because of the torture you put yourself through for the 2 week period.

Good luck with your challenge and enjoy your holiday.
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Any news on how he is doing??? Not a chance I could do this!
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hope he comes back and let's us know the results.