Water

Options
Even though it says that we should only be drinking 8 glasses of water a day can you drink to much water in one day I have nearly drank 12 glasses of water today already.

I know drinking water helps you feel fuller and it helps with weight loss but when is enough water enough should there be a limit of water a person drinks in one day.

Thoughts and opinions please

Replies

• Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    Personally I struggle big time with drinking my water. While I do drink only 2L a day, I take it to the death and am usually drinking the last of it right before bed time.

I say good on you for drinking so much!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I hate drinking water as well so I put slices of orange, lemon and cucumber gives it a nice taste and I also make up a jug with slices of lemon, cucumber and fresh mint leaves that tastes nice as well it takes the bland taste of the water away
  • hmoffatt
    hmoffatt Posts: 51
    Options
    I like plain water but sometimes I just forget to drink enough.

You can actually drink too much, but it's litres and litres and usually only experienced by endurance athletes. You can end up flushing out too much sodium and suffering hyponatremia - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia. But don't worry about it.