Hot weather, love it or hate it?

Options
issypops
issypops Posts: 212 Member
I just wondered how everyone is getting on with the warm weather?

I don't sleep too well but strangely I don't get as tired during the day as I normally would do with so little sleep

I definitely eat less

exercise is harder as I hate getting overly hot and sweaty but an advantage to not sleeping is I've been up at 5 so it's a lot cooler then.

What have other people found, a diet boast or has it knocked you off your routine?

Replies

• roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    I find that I eat healthier with more salads and fruits in the summer and definitely drink more water than I usually do without forcing myself. I am tired though but that's because my dogs are waking me extra early due to the sun being up earlier and all the wildlife waking up around where I live and making a noise bright and early - peacocks are the worst lol!

Just like you I find working out in the heat harder so if I can do my workout in the morning will do that.

As for other things I like the nice weather when I'm not stuck in the office having to work! :-)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot less active, although it's obviously a lot more comfortable since I weigh less and I'm fitter,
    but still I prefer the cold.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love it! Eating much better, drinking way more water and exercising the same! I have to say I would swap our usual rubbish summers for this any day!
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    One one hand it's a lot nicer to eat nice healthy salads etc but on the other hand all I want to do is sit in a nice beer garden drinking lovely cold beer. I always get the munchies when I drink so that's definitely not good for my diet.:)
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I love it....

Except when I try to beat my time on cycle ride!!
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it, the sun wakes me up early and I love going for a run with the dog then cooling off in the river. I eat much healthier in the sun. I'm having ten times more water too.

The only thing I hate is trying to do the housework but thats a thing whether it's hot or cold.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I love it, and it's a lot more comfortable since I've lost weight.
  • paulyoung1703
    paulyoung1703 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The problem is the quick swings in temp change. It wouldn't be so bad if it was this hot from May thru' August; we'd all aclimatise easily. As it is, the heat is uncomfortable at night and by the time we're used to it it will be back to 18/20 deg and we'll all be moaning it's cold.

On the plus side, I'm seeing the golf course a lot more often.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Hate it, im on my 'long' week at work (7/8days in work)
    Working in a residential care home, cant get any air in the building and 2/3 of the floors are beyond unbearable!
    Not knowing what to eat because 9/10 im cooking it!
    Finding it hard to concentrate on coursework due to heat created headaches.
    Cant seem to build up motivation to sweat it out on the cross trainer.

Love it, on my days off,
    when im having salad,
    to dry my washing (more money not being spent on electricity bills)
    Long drives with music blaring out....

The sun is for the wealthy work-nots, the work shy and the scroungers.

The sun is NOT for the workers who are enclosed in offices with no a/c, care homes with no a/c
  • carplady
    carplady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Feel so much better when it's hot and sunny - eat loads of fruit and drink lots of water and the bonus this year is my ankles haven't swelled up since I lost the weight :)
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like the sun, but it's a bit too hot for me at the moment.I prefer it bright but fresher. Good thing is I don't feel like eating so much in hot weather,and I can enjoy a cooling swim.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Both really.

Pros:
    Makes me happier, seems to make everyone less grumpy
    Nice tan
    Appetite reduced

Cons:
    South West Trains - free sauna with every journey
    Hard to sleep
    Too hot to cycle
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Its great not too be cold and wet but I'm not enjoying it as much as normal as it is too hot to run and even the gym is very warm.

Plus the kids are grumpy through lack of sleep and the heat.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I love the sun. I struggle so much over winter to keep warm and am always cold and having to layer up loads. The one thing I do hate is air conditioning in our office. I actually have to put cardigans on and then when I step outside at the end of my shift I don't feel very warm and have to warm up.

Admittedly sleeping isn't as comfortable but I'd rather forego the sleep and enjoy the weather than be cold and wet.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would love to love it, but I'm struggling!

Mostly it's not being able to sleep due to the heat- it means I eat junk because its quick and gives me the energy I need, I don't feel myself and I really struggle to exercise due to the heat and tiredness. Also my boyfriend doesn't cope well either so he's very grumpy

I am, however, loving the long days
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Having moved to Newcastle in October and freezing mu b*tt off from November to March I'm loving it. I don't know if it was especially cold this winter but at times my bones were cold.
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Loved it to start with, Hate it now, Its messing with my work outs, making me tired, and making me HATE being at work :D
  • mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love it, as I am on the 5:2 it makes fasting days so much easier as I don't want to eat. :smile:
  • JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One one hand it's a lot nicer to eat nice healthy salads etc but on the other hand all I want to do is sit in a nice beer garden drinking lovely cold beer. I always get the munchies when I drink so that's definitely not good for my diet.:)

*This* :-)
  • lmethven
    lmethven Posts: 16
    Options
    Love it, the only challenge I am finding is the heat makes it harder to do outdoor exercise. That being sad would much rather than sun than snow!