I've just started back on this!

Options
becka63
becka63 Posts: 712 Member
I was probably a fairly quiet member of this group about 12 months ago (maybe a bit longer!) and took a long break from MFP and from exercise too.

I've been back on MFP a month, pleased with the way I've recommitted to logging my food and started exercising again and I looked into this again, as although I didn't lose masses of lbs on EM2WL before - partly because I didn't have many to lose, partly because I probably didn't stick to it as well as I should - the process was the most successful attempt I had made at losing weight / maintaining weight loss!

I checked my stats and over an 8 week period, I had probably lost about 1.5 lbs, which is pretty good for me! I also run and last time round I was doing CLX and loving it. Who knows what I'll try this time? I'd love to do NROLFW but don't have the funds for a gym, so maybe I'll do another round of CLX to supplement my running until I can save up for gym membership!

If you read this, thanks for taking the time, I'm also looking for supportive friends on this!

becka63

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! EM2WL has been a lifesaver for me - feel free to add me if you would like a friend who loves to eat and lift! :-)
    Anitra
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So what have I done since restarting EM2WL??

Downloaded Heybale's spreadsheet and completed the quick set up. I was pleased to discover my BMR and TDEE not that far off what it was calculated from other methods I'd used. Adjusted my MFP info accordingly.

Reintroduced my diet to proper peanut butter, Greek yoghurt and ground almonds (I use them all with milk and choc powder to make myself a protein drink for after I run).

Reset some of my added exercises (in MFP) by rechecking them with my HRM, some of them I'd added to my database more than 12 months ago.

Found a couple of new friends to cheer me on!

Downloaded You Are Your Own Gym- looking forward to starting it Monday.

Lost a lb (if there had been a massive calorie difference between what I was doing before and what I'm doing now, I'd say it was water weight etc, but I'm claiming it as a loss, because I just feel so damn good!).

Bring on next week!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start - well done!
  • Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am completely new to this, I started last Thursday (July 4th) I hope I can see results like everyone else! :)