NSV - Strong foot!

Options
odonogc
odonogc Posts: 223 Member
Only my yoga friends will understand this one!

I was touching my foot earlier and I happened to flex it and realized that my foot was... muscley! Like I could feel how strong it was compared to before I started a regular yoga practice.

There has to be some health benefit there, right?!

Replies

• yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    nice NSV! I do understand what you mean lol! One of the first things I've noticed since starting yoga was that my fingers and hands got considerably stronger, simply because I've learned to put and evenly distribute out the weight in every fingertip. Just like Spiderman:bigsmile: And of course, no more limply toes and feet!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I frequently admire my feet :laugh: I think all the balance poses really help with foot strength, and vice versa, strong feet would help you balance. I would guess it's also beneficial because your arches are stronger (less likely to develop plantar fasciitis).

Way to go!
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Very nice! I totally want muscley feet now.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's interesting, my left foot always has swelling leftover from a childhood car accident that did something to the drainage in that leg. Since I started doing yoga, the swelling has gone down, it's not gone, but much, much better.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. My feet have gotten wider too. Not great for fitting them in heels, but they feel so much healthier and stronger that it's all good. My toes look so much better now that they can spread out than they did all crunched up anyway.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yes, I broke my foot (again) a couple of years ago and since I have started getting back into yoga, the swelling stays down most days and it doesn't ache as bad anymore

(I have a couple of pins and staples in it holding it together). And my feet are more muscular now, but I have not had a problem getting into my high heels? (some are getting loose, think I lost fat in my feet?) :glasses: