Excercise & Medifast

Options
lissa71
lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
Hi! I am thinking about restarting Medifast but I exercise a lot. I work out with a trainer 2x's per week, boot camp - 1x per week, and then do 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of cardio machines plus walk 2-3 miles a day with our dogs. Is this going to be an issue if I restart? I don't want to not exercise because I am finally in a good routine and hate to ruin that. Thoughts - 4 & 2 vs 5 &1.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks-
Melissa

Replies

• tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa!

Personally, I would recommend doing the 5&1 and cutting back. I know that isn't what you want to hear. :-)

I can tell you I exercised a lot on the program, so much I don't even want to post it so as not to encourage other people to do the same. Here is how I did it though.

1. Cut back the first day.
    2. Slowly build back up, but not necessarily as slow as the official recommendation is.
    3. Do as much as you want, but be careful and LISTEN to how your body feels.

If you want to private message me I'll tell you exactly what all I did and how it worked.
  • tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And let me add. I just think this program works too well to not restart it! :-) Sorry, I'm just a big fan.
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I myself exercised a lot and a runner. My coach literally wanted me to stop for a few weeks. I have kinda stopped but when she see I go hiking or something not to vigorous, she tells me not too. I hate sitting on my butt.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I stopped for the first 3 weeks. Week 4 I began again. I am doing 4 times a week now, 2 days of weight training and 2 days of cardio. I plan to increase once I reach my weight loss goal which will be in about another month.
  • dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Options
    I stopped for the first 3 weeks. Week 4 I began again. I am doing 4 times a week now, 2 days of weight training and 2 days of cardio. I plan to increase once I reach my weight loss goal which will be in about another month.

Like it or not, this is the correct answer.
  • picklel
    picklel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My trainer is my health coach. We took our workouts slow for a couple days but I've been doing 2 days a week during the program with her. Also I just started doing the C25K training 3 days a week also and haven't had an issue. I've lost 54 lbs since mid-April. For me Medifast and Exercising hasn't been an issue and I think it's helped me.
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost the first couple weeks but have stayed the same this week. I have done a couple 3 mile intervals sessions this week. Hoping for a loss next week!