Eat 100% clean for 7 days!

Options
HeatherBetsy
HeatherBetsy Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone!

So I've been dabbling in eating clean for a while now, but I've never gone an entire week with a completely clean diet. Would anyone be interested in giving it a go, starting from Monday? 100% clean diet!

I'll promise to post every morsel of food that passes my lips for seven days!

Add me if you're interested in joining in!

Replies

• mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm in although I already eat mostly clean.
  • HeatherBetsy
    Options
    I'm the same. I *mostly* eat clean, but never completely. So from Monday, for seven days, nothing but fresh produce will pass my lips! :)
  • JustJessLynn
    Options
    Well, the definition of "clean" is variable between different groups of people. Tell me your definition and your expectations and I will see if I have the groceries to commit (lol waiting for payday to stock up on a lot of things unfortunately)
  • HeatherBetsy
    Options
    My definition would be zero chemicals or additives. Nothing processed. So, fruit, veg, nuts, non processed meat etc.
  • HeatherBetsy
    Options
    Spices etc. Basically anything without artificial chemicals.
  • HeatherBetsy
    Options
    Sample menu!

Breakfast - Oats, made with almond milk, and cinnamon.

Lunch - Baked sweet potato, served salad with perhaps some fish/chicken/turkey.

Dinner - Selection of vegetables stir fried in coconut oil, with chicken and chilli. Served with wild rice.

Snacks - Fruit - Nuts - Coconut balls (see above)

Drinks - Water - Herbal teas (I grow mint, so I generally make fresh mint tea)
  • OLeoLionessO
    OLeoLionessO Posts: 152
    Options
    I'll accept this challenge! I'll have to eat good on sunday just to get into the swing of things. I'll keep you posted on how I do. BTW! Can anyone doing this challenge keep their diaries open? I need ideas of what else to eat.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I accept! :D
    Being a vegetarian sort of helps too, haha. ;d
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    Day 1- Good except I had some white rice and alcohol.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    Day 2- I splurged on like 7 nachos yesterday and some new pastries from Starbucks. I work for them and we just launched a new line of food so we have to try them to recommend them (which is awesome and terrible at the same time).

Day 3 Goals - Had a bean burrito w/ sour cream so that is the only semi-bad thing on the diet today. It's a semi clean food.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group so I'm a little behind, but I accept the challenge, starting with lunch today (I already had my breakfast wihich probably isn't "clean" since I had bacon.)
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    so - booze isn't allowed? is that a dumb question? probably...

anyone have a good article that simplifies clean eating?
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat this way all the time, but here's what I ate yesterday:

Green smoothie (organic kale/cilantro/lime/pineapple)
    3 eggs
    organic coconut oil
    2 chicken breasts
    jicama
    fresh homemade guacamole
    organic raw chocolate with mint
    2 cups of frozen blueberries
    organic pecans

And I've been off alcohol completely for about 10 weeks now. Feels good! :)
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    so - booze isn't allowed? is that a dumb question? probably...

anyone have a good article that simplifies clean eating?

There's no universal definition. I think everyone has a little different priorities (i.e. whether organic is important to you, etc.). My understanding is that the key part is to eat as much fresh produce and meats (if you want) as you can. Avoid preservatives (other than like citric acid and sea salt)?

I'm probably over and beyond what most people consider clean, though I'm not a vegetarian, so that varies too. For me: no added preservatives other than citric acid or sea salt. Generally I'm eating as fresh as possible. This means no bacon for me, no lunchmeats, most packaged prepared foods are out. I personally am also gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy free other than occasional goat cheese. I don't add sugar to anything, though I do occasionally have honey, and occasionally have dark chocolate (over 70%) which has sugar added as well.

It's almost easier to say what I DO eat: fresh/frozen veggies, meat, fish, eggs, raw nuts, fresh/frozen fruit, dark chocolate, goat cheese, honey, coconut and olive oil and chia seeds. I also occasionally have gluten-free oats. That's about it.

However, I'm certainly not telling anyone else that's what they need to do to eat "clean". I'm not aware of any book or guide or formal plan. I think of it more like "conscious" eating. Making the decision to know what's in the food you eat and deciding whether or not it's a good choice. To me it means cooking from scratch a lot and eating a lot of fresh produce.

I say make your own decisions though.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    I failed badly the past days :(
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I switched to "Clean Eating" in March so I didn't have any troubles. I follow Tosca Reno's book "Eat Clean - just the rules" and find it really easy to understand and use. website: http://www.eatcleandiet.com