Hi, I'm new here....

Options
forestviking
forestviking Posts: 7 Member
I joined MFP in May, but didn't get serious until June. I am 67 yrs old (will be 68 next month) and I have 90 lbs to go. I have lost 7 lbs in the last month watching the food intake and staying on my Shakeology for breakfast.

I was doing my walking and "10 minute" workouts, but then I pulled my pirisforma (sp?) muscle over Memorial Day weekend and it has had me sidelined for the entire month of June! I am feeling like I am going to try the workouts again, not sure about doing the walking just yet....sigh :grumble:

I am married to a wonderful man, we have 6 kids- 4 his, 2 mine(third marrige for me, second for him) , they have given me four granddaughters and two grandson. My husband's (Glynn) side of the group ~ I have one more son, a daughter, a step-son and an estranged step-daughter. 16 more grandkids and 8 great-grandkids! What a house full if we could ever get them all together in the same place at once! :heart:

Glad I found this group, nice to be in the company of those in my age range.

Franci

Replies

• ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! I also belong to this group and log in my diary every day. Been here for 315 days. I'm no expert, but maybe we can help each other. I believe weight loss and fitness gets harder as we get older. The younger crowd doesn't have the same health issues as we do. So, if you would like a friend, just let me know. Sharon
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Glad to have the both of you here. We have a chat group and a weekly challenge group. Please feel free to join in.
    Good luck to you both.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me as a friend if you will log in every day and participate.We have a fantastic support group here.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup, this is a great place to be. We can all do this together!
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP,it's a great place to be, the support is great, a great way to loose that excess weight we are trying to, I joined MFP Jan. 2013, and so far have lost 63lbs, and I have never deprived myself of food, just have learned to be more careful of what I eat.. I own and operate a Cafe,so food temptations are always there, but I had my mind made up to change my style of eating and loose this weight, I've been on so many diet plans before, lost weight , gained it back, plus more......In Jan. one of my employees told me about MFP, that she was using to loose weight, so I thought, what the heck, it's worth a try,,,,, I have to say it has been the best thing for me, I've actually enjoyed loosing this weight, as it seemed to come off very easy for me....HEY!!! I don't mean I didn't work hard at it!!!!!! Hopefully you also find MFP to be a very helpful app also, feel free to add me as a friend, the more the better...
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi, Franci! Welcome to MFP! Wonderful support here and I find that being accountable top others really helps me. Please add me if you plan to log in daily and share your diary with friends! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have found a great group and a wealth of support. I have been at this for over a year, started with WW and joined MFP last fall. Losing at our age can be a challenge but is is doable. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I am 63 YOA, mother of 3, grandmother of 5 and married for 44 yrs!!! It is a journey, not a sprint. Takes time and patience. Best of luck.
  • jrzzz
    jrzzz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, too... I just turned 66. It still surprises me when I think about it. So, I try not to.
    I'm on the 5:2 diet, for about 3 and 1/2 weeks now. I LOVE it ! Not all that difficult, and more success than I've had on any diet in years and believe me, I've tried them all.
    After 3.5 weeks I've lost 6 lbs... at my age, and given that I have "not all that much to lose" , this is amazing.
    And, I'm vegetarian.. still eat eggs and dairy products, with occasional fish.

I'm looking for - and will offer - lots of support as we all go through this. Weight loss, better health, whatever, we're all in it together.