Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
Do you eat back the calories you burn?

Replies

• krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat back a portion of the calories I burn. It just depends on the day and the days activities. I already have my calories set to what I burn in the day so I hate to eat back too many of my exercise calories. Most of the time this is more than enough. Usually when I eat back most of my exercise calories it's a special occasion.

I also have my doubts on the myfitnesspal exercise calories accuracy. As an unemployed graduate student I don't have the money to spend on a HRM to really see what I am burning. What myfitnesspal gives works as an estimate but I don't take it at face value.
  • lisamfick
    Options
    I'd like to keep this going, cause I'm always curious of peoples response. I do, well at least half of them. i try to keep my intake around 1500.
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I can, I try not to eat my calories back. I have my intake set to 1900 so I try to keep it around that range. It just depends on how hungry I am. I can't sleep on an empty stomach.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to, but finding its way harder than I thought. If I don't plan what I'm going to eat, I come up under 1200 net. Not good I hear. So I'm working on it. These high insanity burns are hard to gobble up!
  • lisamfick
    Options
    They say you need to increase it when you're doing the intense workouts so I'm just wondering if I should up mine. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds so I've got to change something. I'm going to give it a few more days and then decide.
  • hschumacher915
    Options
    I'm not right now because it's hard to eat anything at sara's let alone real meals that are good for you. Even when I bring things with my I find myelf not having enough time to eat it. Apparently I need to be eating a little more but I'm not about forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry.