Doing (or did) 30DS? Notice any height-related struggles?

Options
ReinaJaLaNa
ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
So, I'm in the middle of Level 2 of the 30-Day Shred, and -- as a 5'11"/6'0" female with extra-long legs (much longer legs than my torso) -- I was just wondering if I'm the only one who struggles with some of the 30DS moves that in some way largely involve the legs, like the first strengthening exercise (walk-out pushups, I think?) in Level 2?

I've been pushing through, but it's so frustrating because I know some of the more average-height or shorter women are probably able to do these moves a lot easier.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Replies

• doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I haven't done shred, but I totally get what you mean. I have a harder time with some exercises than shorter people due to my height. I always thought I was just gawky. lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity once. I had to stop because 6 foot ish + average ceilings + low fan + jumping = Really really phenomenally bad idea.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    The only problem that I ran in to when I did 30DS and Ripped in 30 was the low ceiling height in my basement didn't give me enough clearance for some of the arm movements. But everything else I managed to push through, my struggles were related to being poorly out of shape rather than my height.
  • oceanemma1227
    Options
    Dude I TOTALLY know what you mean, I also have insanely long legs and no matter what when I did when I did those, mountain climbers, planks my back always felt weird and I felt like my butt was way in the air and stuff, it was super awkward! I started doing Jillian michaels kick-boxing DVD instead and that was a lot more tall friendly!