March 2014 babies

Options

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just curious what pregnancy apps everyone likes? And are you Andriod, Apple or something else?
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have "I'm expecting" on Android, which I don't care for. I will get the babycenter one and let get back to you guys
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm on Android and have 6 apps... they all give slightly different info and take about a minute each to read so I figured why not. None of them are all that great... I just use them as something to pass the time when I'm waiting for an appointment etc. I have:

I'm pregnant. It's ok. I like the picture of the baby in the Baby tab.
    BabyBump, also just ok.
    What To Expect. Pretty decent.
    I'm Expecting. Just ok.
    Pregnancy (Baby Center). Pretty good.
    Pregnancy watcher. Pretty lame. Might delete this one.

I'm curious if there are other apps you all are using too.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm on andriod. so far I have the babycenter app, babybump, and pregnancy companion. I liked pregnancy companion enough to buy the full version.
  • Hotrox007
    Hotrox007 Posts: 5
    Options
    @candb, I have you and the little little one in my thoughts. Good luck for your appt. tomorrow.

For Apps, I like BabyBump and Sprout
  • moondust7
    Options
    Just downloaded Pregnancy Companion. I really like it. Couldn't find Sprout though...?

Edit: WOW Pregnancy Companion has a button to keep track of how many glasses of water you drink!!! That is AWESOME. Drinking enough water is one of my biggest struggles. I'm really liking this app - it's my favorite one so far... I might buy the full version. Thanks so much HealthyBodySickMind.
  • pamklass
    pamklass Posts: 17
    Options
    EDD march 16th. Nice to meet you ladies. This is my husbands and my first baby, I lost almost 50 lbs prior to conceiving. First pregnancy and anxiety is through the roof right now. Glad I found this site. Happy healthy 9 months to you all!
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    due march 13! no apps for me... i'm still living in (what feels like) the stone age with my un-smartphone. :)
  • Hotrox007
    Hotrox007 Posts: 5
    Options
    Has anyone had their first doctors visit yet? Mine is next week, which will by my 8th week, I just wondered what to expect? What tests might they run? I hate Doctors, always get very nervous so just want to be prepared.......
  • meghanvest
    meghanvest Posts: 92
    Options
    Just had mine yesterday. You get to fill out a ton of paperwork, give urine and blood. Then you get a pap smear and vag/breast exam. I also had an ultrasound to hear the heartbeat which was awesome. They go over any meds you are taking and also get you weight. Um, I don't think I'm missing anything ladies?
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have my first ultrasound on the 22nd. When I went to the OB to confirm the pregnancy on the 11th, he said it was borderline too early to confirm a heartbeat, so I am looking forward to seeing that. (Candb- I hope maybe that was what happened with you- it was too early to see it. +++ vibes to you.)

I am now having nausea (all day, no puking though) and constipation, and fatigue. And food aversions.

I reset my settings here to gain 1/2 lb per week, but my plan is to try to eat under that until 2nd trimester. Weight gain in 1st trimester should be miniml (1-5 lbs) so no need to go crazy with extra calories now, especially since I am just barely into the "normal" BMI range. My main concern is the choices I am making. Vegetables sound revolting, I can do fruit, but my sodium and sugar counts are going way over what they should be.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Join our Group !

For ladies due in 2014- January, February, or March ! A closer group for support, concerns and updates without getting lost in a larger group !

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15372-pregnant-2014-jan-feb-march
  • moondust7
    Options
    Hey agian all! Looks like we have a good group going here. Mommy_hood - thanks for inviting us! I'll join.

AFM, yesterday was a "good" day of symptoms. I had some very vivid dreams, was extremely tired (husband said I was walking around like a zombie when I woke up), and my boobs hurt quite a bit. Today the symptoms are a little less noticeable but I was nauseous walking into work. It seems like my symptoms come and go and that happened with my last pregnancy too. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy, but this is my first baby, as I miscarried at 6weeks (in October), and then at 14weeks (in March). So, I love all of the symptoms!! I'm still hoping this is a sticky baby. Hope you're all doing well.
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm new to this board and due March 12th. After 2 years of TTC, we were finally successful with IVF. First ultrasound appt next week. Excited to see if one or two embies have stuck!
  • crell504
    crell504 Posts: 10
    Options
    Due date March 14th....first baby. I am super nervous and excited at the same time, I was 11 pounds into my weight loss goals, I wanted to lose another 40ilbs. But I understand the importance of being healthy thanks to MFP so that my weight gain is within healthy rage. Will be switching to maintenance and hopefully enjoying the ride...
  • meghanvest
    meghanvest Posts: 92
    Options
    So I am freaking out just a little. I started spotting pink yesterday, just a small amount but it really freaked me out. I had a pelvic exam 6 days ago but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it? I'm not having any cramping and I already called the OB clinic and they told me not to worry unless its bright red and alot of it, or if I have severe cramping. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't remember it happening with my son. My next appt isn't until the 30th so I just need some more positive feedback. Thank you!
  • cwmp
    cwmp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    some spotting can be normal during early stages of pregnancy. if your D isn't all that concerned I wouldn't be either, but to put your mind at ease you can always request to be seen, your body your baby. is this your first pregnancy?
  • AnnieBear80
    AnnieBear80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just found out I am pregnant with #2. It's a bit of a surprise so still getting used to the idea! I am unsure of exact due date but it will most likely be late March. I have blood tests next week and a dating scan in a couple of weeks.
    Hope to stay fit and healthy in this pregnancy as in my last I ate everything and anything and did little exercise.
  • GavinsMommy2014
    GavinsMommy2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is baby #1 for me and is due March 14th. I am super excited. This is my 3rd pregnancy but the first 2 ended in miscarriages. This pregnancy has been a roller coaster so far.
    I had light cramping and was urged to go to the ER because of my history even though I wasn't bleeding. At 5 weeks 4 days the Dr. couldn't see a baby in the gestational sac and thus gave me the diagnosis of a blighted ovum.
    1 week later I went for a follow up with my OBGYN and SURPRISE there inside was a healthy baby with a strong heart beat and a new yolk sack.
    I am completely thrilled to be having an amazing pregnancy so far. I have light morning sickness and am extremely tired but a nap and some sprite and I am back at being able to workout and keep in shape.

I am looking forward to taking this long wonderful adventure with all of you!! My goal is to only gain about 20-25lbs as I am slightly overweight.
    I have started doing prenatal yoga and I have already started using The Tracy Anderson: Pregnancy Project and I am loving both. I also have continued to go to the gym with my husband lifting light weights. I am now doing a working out of some kind at least once a day and sometimes twice a day. Working out really seems to help with my nausea especially the yoga!
  • moondust7
    Options
    BabiesComing - hi! This is my 3rd pregnancy as well, with 2 previous m/c. I hope we both have sticky babies! I am due March 15. My first ultrasound is next week on Wed. I am nervous but looking forward to seeing if things are going well. It will be nice just to have a check up to know if I can start getting excited.

So how are you all doing? I have a UTI (yay). I went to Urgent Care on Friday and am now taking cephalexin (antibiotic) 2x a day for 10 days. Am also drinking cranberry juice, and that really seems to help. I definitely don't like taking antibiotics but I know the UTI needs to be treated. My symptoms come and go. I'm usually a little nauseous in the morning, and have lots of urps throughout the day (where stuff comes up your throat and then goes back down... yuck!). Am also having lots more saliva. I'm starting to count down the weeks to the 2nd trimester. :-)