Back again.

Options
tomii13
tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
Help needed again.

I have a question. Sometime back, I came to the thread and was recommended to eat 1600 cals a day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/982026-looking-for-a-breakthrough

According to the overwhelming information, I had noted that supposed I'd be netting under my BMR that I have calculated it to be somwhere in the 1500s.

The scale seemed to have budge, but I keep losing and gaining the same couple of lbs. Going no where fast.

I was wondering if we can revisit this?

As stated original, I was surprised to see that my cals were dropped instead of upped? With exercise, I am netting around 1200. Isn't that the no zone? I'm slightly confused and would like some help.

Thanks in advanced.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I was wondering if we can revisit this?

Is there a reason you didn't update the thread in the two weeks as we requested?
  • tomii13
    Options
    Yes it was locked. I tried PMing both you and Sara and didn't get an answer. So, I just continued at 1600.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Yes it was locked. I tried PMing both you and Sara and didn't get an answer. So, I just continued at 1600.

Thanks. Odd that we didn't get it, but that's irrelevant at this point.

Please let us know what your weight has done specifically since you received the advice in that thread. If you can let us know in ~2 week increments that would be helpful including your current stats.

We did not increase your calories because your goal is to lose fat and you are:

a) Stalling out on fat loss.
    b) Have plenty of room to reduce calories further.

There are some limited circumstances in which we would consider incrementally increasing calorie intake over the course of months followed by a reduction in calories but that's a pretty specific context under which we'd do that.

In my opinion you don't fit that criteria, but Sara and I will discuss this over the weekend.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • tomii13
    Options
    Per weight?

week of:
    5/7 = 157.4
    5/20 = 156.8
    6/4= 155
    6/18 = 153.3
    7/9= 156

I've been trying to meet the goals that were given to me for fat (60g) and protein (110g).
    I'm 26, f, 5'5. on meds for hyperthyroid, but dr said thats pretty under control now and am on a very low dosage.
    i measure food. tracking has been about 80%.

i had an injury running a couple weeks back, so im not working out as much. had to take two weeks off. (approx 2 weeks ago)
    when i got back to exercising, i didn't want to overwhelm my knee, so i began only running 3 times a week vs being active daily.

as of next week, i plan to start a 90 day exercise program that includes 4 days of jillian michael body revolution and 2 days of outdoor running approx 3 miles.

thank you. i appreciate your help
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Per weight?

week of:
    5/7 = 157.4
    5/20 = 156.8
    6/4= 155
    6/18 = 153.3

It would appear to me that during the 6 weeks after you followed the original guidelines that we laid out for you, you were losing weight at a reasonable pace, perhaps slightly slower than expected.

i had an injury running a couple weeks back, so im not working out as much. had to take two weeks off. (approx 2 weeks ago)
    when i got back to exercising, i didn't want to overwhelm my knee, so i began only running 3 times a week vs being active daily.

It would also appear to me that the injury and subsequent reduction in training volume and energy expenditure directly coincides with the time period in which you started gaining weight.

Are you back to training regularly at full volume?
    Can you make improvements in your logging accuracy and stick to it?

These are important questions, IMO.
  • tomii13
    Options
    Tomm im starting again at regular training. Exercising 6 times a week. Two cardio running days and 4 strength training dvd days. And yes, my logging has been atrocious but tomm I'm getting back at it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    H!

Could you stick to the original recommendations and track as accurately as possible and get back to us in 2 weeks so we can assess results and make further recommendations if necessary.
  • tomii13
    Options
    Indeed

Thanks!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Unlocked at OPs request
  • tomii13
    Options
    Thanks, Sara.

Here is my two week update:

The first week, I went from 158 to 154 – I ate pretty normal to my usual homemade foods. Second week - It was a crazier week. I craved more carbs, ate out a bit more than usual, tried to go for healthy choices but am up back to 158. I know I could've eaten better, but at the same time - I'm trying to be as realistic to my life as possible. And the second week was just more difficult. Excuses - I know.

My exercise routine hasn’t changed since I started it two weeks ago. I do 4 days of JM Body Revolution with 10lbs dumbbells for 30 minutes and run 2 days for 30 minutes.

Seems Like I’ve been up and down those same 4 lbs for a lloonngg time now. Months!

I'm all ears :)
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Thanks, Sara.

Here is my two week update:

The first week, I went from 158 to 154 – I ate pretty normal to my usual homemade foods. Second week - It was a crazier week. I craved more carbs, ate out a bit more than usual, tried to go for healthy choices but am up back to 158. I know I could've eaten better, but at the same time - I'm trying to be as realistic to my life as possible. And the second week was just more difficult. Excuses - I know.

My exercise routine hasn’t changed since I started it two weeks ago. I do 4 days of JM Body Revolution with 10lbs dumbbells for 30 minutes and run 2 days for 30 minutes.

Seems Like I’ve been up and down those same 4 lbs for a lloonngg time now. Months!

I'm all ears :)

In week 1 you averaged the following, per what is logged in your diary:

^ This is very close to what we recommended.

In the second week you averaged:

And considering you went out to eat more frequently in this week than the first, you could have easily been significantly over what is logged in the above.
  • tomii13
    Options
    So do you suggest I stick to the original numbers you gave me? 1600 a day. 60 g fat, 110 protein?
  • SideSteel
    Options
    So do you suggest I stick to the original numbers you gave me? 1600 a day. 60 g fat, 110 protein?

Yes, but I'd also suggest that you start looking at reasons why your adherence is struggling, whether that has to do with lifestyle, food selection, etc.

Your carbohydrates should top out at 150 on the above numbers for a reference point. I would set that as your ceiling.
  • tomii13
    Options

Yes, but I'd also suggest that you start looking at reasons why your adherence is struggling, whether that has to do with lifestyle, food selection, etc.

Your carbohydrates should top out at 150 on the above numbers for a reference point. I would set that as your ceiling.

I think you're right. Thanks for giving me a tops of the carbs since I wasn't sure of it.

I will be refocusing on my recent struggles and continue at 1600 days. 60 g of fat and 110 of protein. And see how that goes.

If you guys would like a 2 week update or a month update. I would like to follow up to see if I should continue sticking to the plan once I am 100% refocused.

Thanks xo
  • SideSteel
    Options

I think you're right. Thanks for giving me a tops of the carbs since I wasn't sure of it.

I will be refocusing on my recent struggles and continue at 1600 days. 60 g of fat and 110 of protein. And see how that goes.

If you guys would like a 2 week update or a month update. I would like to follow up to see if I should continue sticking to the plan once I am 100% refocused.

Thanks xo

Follow up in 1 week please.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Locking so we can track active threads batter. If you wish to update us, please PM one of us, including a link to this thread, and we will open so you can do so.
This discussion has been closed.